Chapter 31

Bruno's POV

I knew Monique wanted some more privacy to talk about what happened with Marcus so I decided it would be best to leave. She told me where she was staying and we agreed to go there. When we got to the hotel she told me everything that happened and how this wasn't the first time. That explained why they were off an on all the time. It made me so mad. How could he do this to her? She was a good woman! Seeing her cry made me want to go punch him in the face. I held her and rubbed her head as she cried. I really hated seeing her like this. She finally settled down and stopped crying. "Thanks Bru, I really needed this. You're the only real friend I have here." She said. I smiled at her and I took her face in both hands and lifted it to me almost as if I was going to kiss her. Probably because I really wanted to at the moment but I knew that it was wrong. So I just looked her in the eyes and said in almost a whisper "Hey... I told you.... Whatever you need, I'm here for you." She was biting her lip and then she smiled at me. I wanted to kiss her so bad right now. I let go of her face. God what the hell is wrong with me? "Bru, you never told me why you posted that picture." She says. "Oh I told you. People needed to know the talent behind all those amazing pictures you've taken." I lied. I posted it because I liked the way we looked together and I wanted to share it with the world. "Well that was really sweet what you said. It honestly made my day a little better. It's tough getting a post from the Brunz!" She says that last part jokingly. But she's right, it is. That's when it hit me hard that she really means something more to me. Shit!

[End Of POV]