Chapter 4 'the alpha king?'

We stared at the pink box for a good five minutes with the sound of the clock ticking every second.

"Well...." Lily turned to me and asked.

"Well?.." I said.

"Aren't you gonna open it?.." She tapped her foot impatiently.

"I don't know if we should-" I was cut off with Lily giving me a flat look.

"Come ooooooon.. Don't be all miss-goodie-two-shoes" she said.

"But..it could be a bomb! Yes, indeed a bomb! All of us could die with this one mistake" I reasoned with her.

She rolled her eyes "If it were a bomb, it would've exploded by now."

"It could be ugh.." I brainstormed for ideas. "Something might pop up! I mean, you never know right?"

She lift her eyebrow "and what may possibly pop up? Oh wait. Are you expecting someone like Dylan to pop up?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"He wouldn't fit in the box" I blushed. Dylan and I have been dating for about a year now, he's currently with his dad in Alaska, alpha duties I suppose. We both aren't to excited about finding our mates. Too me, he's my perfect half and I'm his.

"You guys act like love sick puppies" Lily chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. "You're point is?"

Lily elbowed me. "stop distracting me! Back to topic, either you open it or i open it."

I sigh in defeat "okay,okay. You win" I put the heavy box in my lap and started unwrapping the paper.

I finished unwrapping, what's left was the cardboard box sitting on my lap.

"I can't wait to see what's inside! Ooh it could be a love letter! Or a gazillion pictures of you from you're stocker Orr it could be cake! I mean, it so mysterious how someone would leave it in the door step" Lily exclaimed.

"Woah,Calm down there tiger. And cake? For real?" I chuckled. She glared at me.

I slid my fingers threw the tape and slowly peeled it off. As I was about to open the flaps of the box, I was interrupted by my uncle mind linking everyone. What is it with people cutting me off and interrupting me.

"Everyone in the pack living room, pack meeting ASAP." Uncle ralf said. "Yes, alpha" everyone said in unison.

"Saved by the bell,huh?" Lily said.

"You betcha" I replied cheekily.

Lily dragged my arm as we made our way to the pack living room.

~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<>~~~~~~~~~~

The sounds of the marble floor creaking as we skipped our way to the living room. People chattering every corner of the room, whilst perverted boys flirting near the punch bowls, hoping they get lucky. Hah. The room was fairly big, with cream walls and marble flooring. The walls had an authentic carving on the borders. And portraits of the alpha's from generations hung in every direction. Our pack isn't big we have about 120-150 pack members. The room was tidy with a fancy look to it. We seldom use this room, we only use it for special events or important meetings.

The chattering died down when Uncle Ralf walked in, and stood on top of the podium.

"My apologies for the short notice of today's meeting, but I have a very important announcement to make. As everyone knows, our neighboring pack, the Jameson's pack. Has lost 50 pack members yesterday evening.The reason for the death's of the pack members of the Jameson's pack was because someone stated that she was the mate of the king, which she obviously wasn't. With that, the kings wolf has gone over drive and murdered 50 members. It took 3 packs with the best warriors to calm him down. My announcement for today, is that the king will be visiting the pack tomorrow at noon. I want everyone to be in their best behavior. And I don't want anyone to be on his bad side, or we might as well end up like the Jameson's pack. That is all."

After the announcement, everyone started chit-chatting. Girls talking about how 'hot' the alpha king is. I mean, how can they possibly talk about how hot he is? He's murdered 50 innocent people? He's acting like a child. Throwing a tantrum, cause he can't find he's stupid mate. This is exactly why I don't want a mate. They can't control themselves. It's always like they're dependent on one another.

"So who exactly is 'the alpha king'?" I emphasized.

"God. Madison, you're so slow! Have you even been listening to history class"

"Maybeeee" history just isn't my thing. Okay.

She rolled her eyes. "The alpha king is a legend, he's said to be 536 years old."

"So, you're saying he looks like a wrinkly potato chip?" I questioned.

"What no! In fact he's a hunk he has the body of a 25 years old. He's what every girl wants,he has power and the looks and don't get me started with the six pack-"

I cut her off "okay-okay. You were saying?"

"Anyways. It's said that all those years he's wolf hasn't questioned for a mate, until now."

"Woah. That was dramatic!" I exclaimed

"Tell me about it." She chuckled.

Sorry for the late update lovelies 😘 i know I should've updated yesterday! Don't hate me. So how was the chappie? I'd love it if you guys would give me feedback? Or comment 💭it would make my day!

~Vicky🇩🇪🍕👯