Chapter 15: part 1

"Lil, you've been acting really weird." Lily grimaced; her head slowly lifting up from the book she had been staring blankly at for the past two hours.

Not odd at all, nope.

"M-me? Weird? Hah, no. I'm just really excited for the banquet and all!" She said almost jittery. My eyes turned into slits, as I folded my arms to my chest.

"Uh-huh..." I said unconvinced. I watched as sweat trailed down her forehead, her cheeks reddening by the minute."

I couldn't help but laugh, "gosh, Lil. What are you hiding?"

"It's nothing," she waved off, "let's just get ready! It'll start in a minute."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "whatever you say..."

It took exactly 2 hours and thirty minutes to get ready, by that, I mean watch lily get ready, as she fiddled anything she held.

"I look hideous, don't I?" The curtains opened, revealing a dashing floor length purple gown, with beaded sequins trailing up from her hip to shoulder. Her hair was placed into loose curls, eye-liner and red lipstick, perfectly intact.

"Oh my gosh, You look amazing!" She blushed, swaying her head from left to right.

"Anyways, you sure you can't come?" She said, dismissing the topic.

"Oh yeah, you know, damage control and all. And plus, i've got some things to do." I said wearily; plopping up a chip on my mouth.

"But won't they think it's disrespectful?" She asked again, a look of doubt washing over her features.

"Psh, don't worry about me." I stood up from the bed; ushering her over to the door. "Just go, enjoy yourself. And eat lots and lots of aunt Mel's apple pies."

Lily didn't even get a chance to reply, when I quickly shut the door. A sigh escaping my lips, which I knew only the beginning of my said plan.

Once I was sure that Lily was completely gone, I grabbed my back-pack with the necessities I packed overnight. Arguably, they were only a set of clothes, loose change, and a waki-taki I borrowed from little cousin Elle.

"Jasper, you got the bike ready?" I said, tossing over the rope to the other side. Jasper emerged riding from the flock of trees, removing his helmet to do a little pageant wave.  I rolled my eyes, securing the rope from my bed-post, before slowly climbing down the plastic-y rope.

"You owe me big time, princess." He said, pulling out a hand for me to take.

I ignored his gesture, doing a little hop as my feet touched the ground. "Come on, let's get this over with." I said, waiting for him to start the engine.

"Not until you put your arms around me." He said, smirking.

"You're unbelievable." I grunted, gripping onto the leader seating of the motorbike.

"Safety precautions, princess." I huffed, edging closer to him. Until unwillingly, I paced my palms on the bridge of his shoulders. Without a second thought, we sped off into the heads of trees. The wind and the sound of the engine roaring was the only thing occupying my mind right now.

God forbid this plan actually works.
~

Pack members all around were glistening, while children were playing. At the corner was a huge fountain, with the sculptor of the moon goddess, reaching up to the full moon. The full moon.

Oh how I hated full moon. Just something about it made me feel eerie. Whether it was the aura, the power, it was something.

I watched as Alpha Ralf and Luna Marie, took a seat at the head of the table. Jasper nowhere in sight, my eyes moved over to Matt. For a brief second, I saw a glint of worry washing over his face, before It was a gone by a blink. And lastly, they moved over to Madison's empty chair.

I bit my lip, ignoring the urge to run to the room right now and check up on her.

She's be fine.

She needs this.

Lil, stop worrying. She needs space.

Okay, Maybe I should...

No, lil.

Alright that's it, Madison needs me.

I'm officially the lousiest best-friend.

I was about to retreat from the mob of people, when a hand gripped onto my forearm dragging me into a more secluded area.

"What are-Matt?" He looked at me with no hint of emotion at all, as his lips formed a thin line.

I was about to ask him what's wrong, before he quickly beat me too it. "About last night, it was a mistake."

My gaze fell to the ground, "what?" I said quietly.

"Look Lillian, you're my sister's childhood friend. If anything, I've always regarded you as one of the guys. Last night...we just got carried away. And that's all that it is. For both of our sakes, Let's move past that, okay?" Without a second glance, he walked away.

I bit my lip once more to stop myself from trembling. Hiding away, from the odd gazes. I couldn't stop the tears that formed beneath my eyes.

Until I couldn't hold it back anymore, I just...cried.