Chapter Seven

Luna woke to the steady sound of rain pounding against her den. She stretched, her tail curling as she stifled a yawn. 

        Outside, the soft yellow rays of sunlight could be seen at the top of the hill; the gentle hues softened the sharp edges of the grey two-leg buildings that surrounded her. Glancing up, Luna could just make out the faint outline of stars above her, though they soon shrouded by dawn's new light.  The soft snores of Luna's denmates faded behind her as she padded outside, worry and sadness weighing down on her paws like heavy stones.

       Luna's tail swished slowly through the air, marvelling at peace the rain brought her. The soft rain above her floats in gentle waves as if gravity is a soft music from the Earth, a sweet beckoning serenade. Each drop bequeaths itself unto the cooling air, falling steadily as they breathe life into the soft soil beneath Luna's paws. The she-cat twitched her tail and let out a soft purr, oblivious to the droplets drenching her calico pelt. 

      Outside, Luna's thoughts were free to roam as silence accompanied her. For a few moments, she focused on the loneliness that seemed to cloak her as she let her thoughts wander to her mother; and the lingering sadness Dawn's death had left behind.  

     As she watched the stars soon give away completely to the sun, Luna could feel the presence of Dawn beside her. Dawn's guidance seemed to beckon to her, the spirit urging her forward. Towards justice. Towards revenge.

      "Luna!" SIlver's meow took her by surprise, and she stumbled on her paws as she jumped up. Silver's normally teasing gaze was solemn as he stared at her. 

     "Sorry," she meowed, realizing she probably looked like a half-drowned cat who had bees in their brain. "I was just...thinking." 

      To her surprise, instead of teasing her, Silver only blinked before dipping his head in understanding. 

      "I suppose it's time to say goodbye, then?" Luna continued, walking back to the den. Luna had talked to Silver, Caramel and Marble after her conversation with Snow. They'd all been devasted, but willing to let her go. The den was quiet that night, as each cat had whispered their goodbyes to Luna.

         She tried to fight the feelings of sadness as she turned her head away, squeezing her eyes shut so that Silver wouldn't see the emotions she was working so hard to hide. 

       We will see each other again, she promised herself fiercely. I will come back. After I avenge Dawn, I will see all of them again.

      "Actually, that's what I wanted to talk to you about," Silver said. His tail flicked, and he pawed the ground anxiously with a grey paw. They shook their pelts as they walked into the den. Marble was nursing her kits in the corner, and she blinked sadly when she met Luna's gaze. Luna's heart squeezed painfully, realizing she'll miss seeing them grow up. 

      Snow and Caramel were whispering in the corner, their meow too soft for Luna to make out. They raised their head, and their sad gaze seemed to be directed towards Silver, who nodded slightly. Luna felt his pelt prickle beside her when Snow gave a small nod in answer, while Caramel simply turned her head away.

       The calico she-cat tilted her head in confusion, before meeting Silver's gaze.

       The young tomcat took a deep breath

       "Luna? I want to come with you. I want to help you avenge your mother."

A/N: Hey readers~ What do you guys think about the new cover?