Chapter 14

Three Months Later
Hikaru stood on the sidewalk in front of the house, extremely hesitant to go in. Couldn't he just have a little more time to get all of the crying out? Then again, if he did get it all out, something else would happen... he found out that Kaoru doesn't trust him to know about being a father, cries it out, and then felt decent.

Then he learned he wasn't going to meet the baby, cries it out, and then felt more gloomy. Then the breakup, cries it out, came out more depressed. Then he got friend zoned by Kaga, it wasn't his fault, Kaga tried to be a gentle as possible with it. But this time Hikaru hasn't finished crying everything out, even then he'll walk out with mild depression at best.

So, Hikaru asked himself, what's going to happen next? Is everyone going to stop talking to me? Will I be kicked out? Before Hikaru could stop himself he knocked on the door. Seeing as he didn't bring his key to the house with him to the program. The door opened quickly and he saw Haruhi looking at him.

Hikaru: H-Hi Haruhi...

Haruhi's expression almost immediately changed to a worried one when she noticed the bags under his eyes.

Haruhi: Hikaru are you okay...?

Hikaru immediately put on a fake smile and just waved it off.

Hikaru: I'm fine Haruhi! Why do you ask?

Haruhi looked a little more stern now.

Haruhi: Hikaru, you look like you haven't slept in weeks. Are you sure you're okay?

Hikaru: Yes!

Hikaru immediately regretted his tone, feeling a little bad for using it on Haruhi. She didn't seem that affected though, instead, she looked more stern.

Haruhi: I know, that you're lying. Trust me, if you remember what happened to me, you would know that I can tell when somebody's in pain. You're not okay Hikaru... It's because of Kaoru, and the baby, isn't it?

Hikaru looked down in shame. And nodded. Haruhi looked to the side and bit her lip, wondering if what she was about to say would help.

Haruhi: You know... Kaoru's been in labor almost all day, if, you want to meet the baby, now's your chance.

Hikaru's eyes widened.

Hikaru: W-what?! He's at Kyoya's family's hospital right? I don't know how to get there!

Before Hikaru could panic Haruhi put a hand on his shoulder and smiled at him reassuringly.

Haruhi: Don't worry, I can drive you. Kaoru could use the company anyway.

Hikaru looked at Haruhi for a moment and then beamed and hugged her tightly.

Hikaru: Thank you!

Haruhi smiled, feeling proud and warm for making her friend feel better.

Haruhi: Come on, we don't want you to miss your chance.

Hikaru kept smiling and nodded. Although on the drive there, he was debating on whether or not it was good for him to actually meet the baby. If he did he'll get attached, and the adoption would be more painful.

On the other hand, all he wanted was to at least see their child. It would hurt, but he needed to see them. Once they got to the hospital, Kaoru was having the baby, so nobody was allowed in. Hikaru looked at the box in his hands, nervous about actually meeting the baby.

Kaoru would probably be awake, and find out that he knew. Hikaru knew he would be upset, but kept head strong, he was going to meet the baby, maybe even name them. Haruhi tapped him on the shoulder.