Chapter 2.

Kaoru sat there shocked.

Kaoru: Geez... I had no idea... I'm sorry that happened to you...

Haruhi: I'm okay now, I've got a good job to hold up Shiromi and I, and then I'm going to a good college so there's a chance I can get a better job... we're both doing fine...

Kaoru: Did, did you have anybody...? Anybody who was there for you...?

Haruhi nodded

Haruhi: Just Shiromi... And a doctor that works in the same department as me...

Kaoru looked at the stuffed rabbit Haruhi was holding.

Kaoru: Hey... That looks like Usa-chan...

Haruhi laughed softly.

Haruhi: Yeah... Honey was the last one to leave but... just like everyone else, he left. I'm guessing because Tamaki told him too...?

Kaoru nodded.

Haruhi: I'm going to go put Shiromi's rabbit in her crib I'll be right back...

Haruhi walked upstairs and handed the stuffed rabbit to Shiromi who hugged it as she slept letting out a soft coo. She passed Hikaru who had been listening to the conversation, regretting not helping her. He walked behind Haruhi and sat on the stairs, Haruhi sat on the couch next to Kaoru.

Kaoru: So, you named her Shiromi?

Haruhi nodded.

Haruhi: Shiromi Ryoba Suoh.

Hikaru smiled at the name but noticed the depressed tone in Haruhi's voice, now angry at his "friend" Tamaki for lying to him and for hurting Haruhi and leaving her alone with their child. Sure, Haruhi loved Shiromi but Tamaki still hurt her and left Shiromi without a father.

Hikaru thought, maybe he and Kaoru can take that place, not exactly as Shiromi's Dad(s), but maybe guardians? People who can fill the role as Shiromi's second parent. Or in this case they'd split the role in half? As long as Haruhi is okay with it... or maybe they could just be her cool, fun uncles! Hikaru's thoughts were cut off by Kaoru.

Kaoru: Now I'm scared to talk to Hikaru or the others... what if they do the same for...?

Haruhi: I'd still be friends with you, as long as you're not being an asshole to either of us anymore... anyway, what are you scared to talk to Hikaru about?

Kaoru was silent for a moment.

Kaoru: I... I have feelings for Hikaru, strong ones... and now... I'm in the same situation you were in... *puts a hand on his stomach* except you and I are the only ones who know about the baby...

Haruhi looked at him shocked. Hikaru's world froze, all he could hear was his breathing and heartbeat. Because of how they treated Haruhi... now Kaoru is scared to tell him that he's pregnant?

Haruhi: How, how is that even possible?

Kaoru: I-I've dome some research... and according to what I found it's rare for males to be fertile... but it is something that some males are born with... apparently I'm one of those rare men who are fertile...

Haruhi: That's really interesting... and... you're not telling anyone? Not even Hikaru?

Kaoru: Tamaki was the one you were in love with and the one who got you pregnant and he was the first person to leave you... I don't want to be alone, but after what we put you through... it's what I deserve...

Haruhi patted him on the shoulder.

Haruhi: Kaoru, you won't be alone, I'll stay with you. I promised Shiromi on graduation day that I would never leave her side... and right now, I feel like the type of person who is trying everything to make sure nobody goes through the same thing I went through... I might not seem like much help... but trust me, having at least one person on your side is better then nobody...

Kaoru smiled at Haruhi.

Kaoru: Thank you... can, can we be friends again?

Haruhi: If you want to...

Hikaru walked upstairs in a daze and looked at Shiromi again. He wasn't going to be like Tamaki, he was going to stay with Kaoru. Just like Haruhi, he was surprised that Kaoru was able to get pregnant.

He walked back into their room and unpacked some of his stuff. He wasn't going to push Kaoru into telling him or tell him he heard their conversation. He was going to wait, he was hoping he wouldn't have to take the first two options. But if Kaoru wasn't telling him even when he was constantly telling him that he wouldn't be mad at him for anything. Then he would get upset and use the second option.

He laid on the bed staring at the ceiling thinking, Kaoru was pregnant with his child and was scared to tell him. Hikaru thought about how much time he'd give him. Kaoru would start to show on month five from what he knew, he was going to tell him several times that he could tell him anything, and that he wouldn't be mad. Hikaru felt horrible for doing this to Kaoru, if he'd known that this would be the result he never would have let it happen in the first place.

He would also have to keep in mind that he would have to be extra careful with Kaoru's emotions, as to not hurt him. After all it was the last thing he wanted to happen. After some more thinking Hikaru walked outside, Mei noticing him still in a heavy daze.

Mei: You okay?

Hikaru: Yeah... just, a lot on my mind right now...

Mei: Alright...

Hikaru looked at Shiromi's crib which was in Haruhi's room seeing Haruhi feeding her. Hikaru blushed slightly, not because he used to have a crush on Haruhi, just because it was a little awkward and embarrassing.
Later
Hikaru laid in bed, it was time to sleep but he couldn't sleep. Not with his mind racing a thousand miles an hour. Still trying to wrap his head around the fact he was going to be a father Hikaru saw Kaoru get in bed. Hikaru couldn't help but pay attention to the small bump on Kaoru's stomach. He turned his gaze back to the ceiling.

Hikaru: N-night Kaoru...

Kaoru: Goodnight Hikaru...

Hikaru sighed.

Hikaru: Kaoru, you know I love you right? You can tell me anything...

Kaoru: Mm...

Hikaru noticed Kaoru fall asleep a few seconds later. He hugged Kaoru and pulled him to his chest closing his eyes. He was not going to get upset with Kaoru, he was not going to abandon Kaoru, he was going to stay there and help him every step of the way. Hikaru subconsciously moved his hand to Kaoru's stomach and gently rubbed it.