Chapter 16

Three Years Later
Shiromi was close to four years old now, and Sakura was three. Kyoya and Haruhi have been together for more than three years now, and Hikaru and Kaoru got back together and want to get married. Nobody has heard from Tamaki for three years, all of them assume he's busy as heir to his father's company. Kyoya did end up telling his father about him dating Haruhi, Yoshio was, okay with it. He didn't like him dating a commoner who already had another child, (he doesn't know she's Tamaki's), but did say if Kyoya were to fall in love with any commoner, he'd prefer him falling for Haruhi. Considering her intellect, honor student profile, and her determination to become a lawyer. Haruhi's hair has grown back to its original length. And she still wears her contacts. She, Kyoya and Shiromi had been doing great, but tonight, Haruhi and Kyoya were having a serious conversation.

Haruhi: Kyoya, when should we tell her...?

Kyoya: I would suggest soon, she does have your intelligence so I'd assume she'd figure it out quickly.

Haruhi hesitated but nodded in agreement. Kyoya noticed her concern and pulled her into a hug.

Kyoya: She won't hate you, I promise...

Haruhi laughed with obvious nervousness in her voice.

Haruhi: I really hope you're right...

Haruhi moved part from Kyoya a little and kissed him on the lips, which he gladly accepted. They pulled away from the hug and nodded at each other. The pair walked to Shiromi's bedroom door and Haruhi gave it a gentle knock.

Haruhi: Shiromi, sweetie can we talk to you?

Shiromi responded yes and the two walked in, both sitting next to the almost four year-old on her bed next to her. It looked like Shiromi instantly knew something was wrong upon seeing her mom's expression.

Shiromi: Mommy? Is something wrong?

Haruhi laughed.

Haruhi: Nothing's particularly wrong sweetie... we just wanted to talk to you about something really important...

Shiromi: What is it?

Haruhi found it difficult to look at Shiromi as she spoke.

Haruhi: Sweetie I... your daddy and I love you so much, and I know this might come as a shock... I'm sorry but, daddy isn't your biological dad. I won't say real because I want you to be the judge of that...

Shiromi looked up at her mom and spoke nonchalantly.

Shiromi: I know.

Haruhi's face went red with slight embarrassment, but she was mostly surprised. Kyoya smiled at her as the couple looked at each other.

Kyoya: I told you she had your intelligence~

Haruhi playfully hit Kyoya in the shoulder and looked at Shiromi again.

Haruhi: How'd you figure it out? And how long have you known?

Shiromi looked at her mom and smiled sweetly.

Shiromi: I've known for a while, I don't look like daddy, and I have a different last name on my birth certificate. And you and daddy aren't married.

Kyoya almost choked on air on the last point. Haruhi didn't notice.

Haruhi: Well, how do you feel about it...?

Shiromi responded by tightly hugging Kyoya's waist.

Shiromi: You're my Daddy! No one else! I don't care what a piece of paper says!