Chapter 18.

Haruhi was still frozen with shock upon hearing Tamaki on the other end of the phone. Why...? Of all times to come back and possibly try to hurt her more, he chose NOW?! Haruhi thought about it a little more, did he, want to see Shiromi...? She decided not to call him back, but if he did call again, she'd know he might actually be serious about maybe trying to make amends or whatever. Kyoya walked in and saw Haruhi trembling and walked over to her.

Kyoya: Haruhi? What's wrong?

Haruhi looked at him.

Haruhi: T—Tamaki just called me...

Kyoya looked surprised at first and then a little mad.

Kyoya: What does he want now?

Haruhi: I don't know... I hung up the phone too quickly, but I heard him say he wanted to talk to me about something...

Kyoya looked at her and hugged her.

Kyoya: Well, what are you going to do?

Haruhi: I, won't call him back, but if he calls again I'll ask him what he wants...

Kyoya gently kissed her forehead.

Haruhi: You aren't upset are you?

Kyoya: No, not at you, or Tamaki. Unless of course he decides to hurt you again... in which case I'll nuke him before he can get five meters close to you and Shiromi.

Haruhi giggled and hugged Kyoya back.

Haruhi: Thank you... but we both know Tamaki wouldn't hurt Shiromi... he did do some bad things in the past, but he's not that cruel...

Kyoya smiled and shrugged.

Kyoya: I know, just thought it'll cheer you up...

Haruhi smiled at him.

Haruhi: It did. Thank you...

Kyoya gently pulled Haruhi into a kiss, which she happily accepted. They stood there for a few moments before Haruhi looked up at Kyoya.

Haruhi: Shiromi's going to spend the day with her grandfather... do you have anything planned? Or do you just want to relax? I'm fine with either...

Kyoya looked to the side.

Kyoya: Well, I was wondering if you wanted to walk around the city, you told me before that the lights look beautiful when it gets dark?

Haruhi smiled.

Haruhi: That sounds nice... I haven't gotten the chance to look at the city for a while.

Kyoya: Okay, so, should we head out at about seven?

Haruhi nodded, and gave Kyoya a quick peck on the lips.
Later
Shiromi was sitting patiently on a bench at the park while Ranka was on a rather important call with his boss. Out of the corner of her eye she saw somebody sit down on the bench next to her. Shiromi looked up at a rather nice looking man, with bright blonde hair and, her same eye color? So Shiromi, being an imaginative three year-old, quickly started to wonder if he was her biological father. She glanced at him several times, before speaking shyly.

Shiromi: Hi.

The man looked down at her, she noticed he looked a little surprised when he saw her, almost like he was wondering the same thing as her. The man spoke calmly.

Tamaki: Hi...

Shiromi smiled sweetly, something that also seemed to catch the man off guard.

Shiromi: I'm Shiromi, what's your name?