Chapter 1

When you were a child I bet you were told stories about fairy tales such as Cinderella, Snow White, and Little Red Riding Hood. Magical stories filled with danger, romance, friendship, family, good triumphing over evil. I'm sure you loved hearing those stories as a child and most likely outgrew them once you entered adulthood believing them to be nothing more than a childish fantasy. But what if I told you that all these stories actually happened but not in the way you were told as a child? What if I told you that Cinderella, Snow White, and Little Red Riding Hood actually existed only their names were changed? What if I told you that the evil Queen and the wicked stepmother were the same person? What if I told you that the big bad wolf wasn't as bad as you think? And what if I told you that all of these three stories were all just a part of one great big tale? If you would like to know the true story of Cinderella, Snow White, and Little Red Riding Hood then you're in for a very special treat. So sit back, relax, and listen as I tell you the story of three maidens: One as pure as gold, one as fair as snow, and one as strong as blood.

...

Now reader before we begin I must tell you that we will have to go back a couple times to tell a character's story otherwise you won't understand them that well. We will be going back three times since our main focus will be on the three main characters. Now then what is that phrase you use before you begin a story? Oh yes now I remember.

Once upon a time a great evil spirit plagued the land and caused mass destruction and chaos wherever it went. This spirit would have no doubt destroyed the world had the good fairies not sealed it away, hidden it from the eyes of man. Until one day that spirit was once again discovered and it began it's evil plan to escape it's prison.

Sometime after the spirit was sealed away there grew a kingdom called Fiore which by now has been forgotten by most but in the beginning it was a well known kingdom which was ruled by a good and wise king but this isn't a story about him. No it's about a young girl who loved her parents very much. Her name was Lucy, she was the daughter of a merchant named Jude and his lovely wife Layla. The very moment she was born Lucy became the most precious treasure her parents ever had. They gave her all they had but she was content with only their love.

"Lucy please stop running. You'll fall and hurt yourself." The pretty blonde woman said as her daughter ran excitedly toward the oak tree.

She and her husband walked hand in hand to the tree carrying a picnic basket and cloth.

"Ha! I beat you there! I win!" Lucy cheered.

"Yes you did. Now settle down and come eat lunch with us dear."

"Yes Mother."

They laid out a cloth and began to enjoy a delicious picnic lunch while sitting somewhere they could feel both the sun's warmth and the cool shade of the tree. After lunch Lucy went to pick a bouquet of wild flowers which she presented to her mother.

"For you Mother." She said.

"Oh Lucy they're beautiful." Layla said inhaling the flower's fragrance.

"Someday I'm going to have my own garden of flowers and fruit and a well and a little house for fairies."

"Fairies?" Her father Jude said.

"Yes. I read in a book that fairies like to stay in gardens so I'm going to a make a little fairy house to put in my garden so they're stay is more comfortable."