Chapter 39: Game Day

Y/N's POV

“Thank god it’s Friday.” Kelley mumbles next to me as we walk to our English III class.

“It hasn’t even sunk in yet. This our last day of actually classes, our last collegiate soccer game is tonight, and we’re going to be moving, MOVING, to California in like 8 days!” I shout in disbelief.

“I knowwwwww. How much did your mom freak out? Because mine flipped her shit.” Kelley said with wide eyes.

“My mom was really happy, so happy that she cried. But I think she was also crying because I’m leaving.” I grimace slightly as I inform Kelley.

“Yeah my mom was the same way. She’s worried about me and Kling being out there with basically no adult watching over us.”

“God I don’t even want to take exams now.” I groan when I sit down in my desk.

“Same dude. But think on the bright side, we have a game tonight!”

“That is the only thing getting me through today after the break that we just had.” I say before turning my attention to the front of the classroom, my mind drifting back to the absolutely amazing time I had with Camila this past week.

----

Camila's POV

I lay down on my bed after having just finished my last class for the day with a loud sigh. I’ve only been lying down for what felt like 10 seconds when there is a knock on the door. Confused, I check my watch and see that Y/N shouldn’t be out of class for at least another 30 minutes. Maybe she got out early I think to myself as I hop off the bed and rush to the door. When I open it however, all the happiness drains out of me and is replaced with dread.

“MMatthew. What are you doing here?” I ask quietly as I take in his angry presence.

He doesn’t answer me, but storms into my room, slamming the door shut behind him.

“What the fuck is this?!” He yells as he shoves his phone into my face. My face goes white when I see it’s a picture of Y/N and I kissing in the alleyway of 1 Oak last week.

“Mat-“

“You are so fucking lucky it was my friend that sent me this, and not some reporter. What the fuck are you doing with her Camila! Huh?! You think you can go around and cheat on me with that fucking dyke and me not know about it?! Oh and that fag has another thing coming to her, you just wait.” He rages at me while throwing items off of my desk onto the ground, and I’m petrified to the point of not being able to move, much less speak.

“You’re not even trying to defend yourself which means it must be true. I should have known from the beginning that you were a little slut that couldn’t keep her legs closed. And to sleep with her of all people? She’s fucking nobody and will never amount to anything.” He says looking at me with disgust and at this my head snaps up and I look at him in pure rage.