Chapter 51: Scratch That

Y/N's POV

“Kelley why do you keep looking over at the bar? Do you see a girl or something?” I ask while fiddling with my guitar.

Kelley whipped her head around from where she was staring intently at, and faces me. “Oh no you know, I was just uh waiting for a friend to arrive.”

“Is it that girl from the other night that made me stay up all night?

“No someone else, its not like you were sleeping anyways.” She mutters the second half of the sentence under her breath, and I ignore the small jab.

“Doesn’t mean I want to hear your horny ass self. Kling we almost ready?” I ask over my shoulder, looking at Kling fiddling with a few things.

“Yeah give me legit like 30 seconds.” She responds

“Y/N?” I hear someone behind me say and turn to see Susan looking up at me on stage.

“Hi Susan.”

“I’d just like to thank you again for doing this. I know you must be really busy with everything.” She says sincerely patting the top of my shoe.

“It’s my pleasure Susan, I missed playing in bars. I’ll play in your bar anytime, I like helping out people who help me. Plus it helps us gage the reaction of some new songs we’re putting together. ” I say to her with a genuine smile on her face.

“Well I definitely think you’re helping out.” She lets out with a chuckle, motioning to the jam-packed bar.

“All because you gave me alcohol without seeing my ID.” I tease her and she throws back her head laughing.

“Hon if this is the business I get, I’ll never ID you again.” She winks at me before returning to the bustling bar.

“Ready to go guys?” I ask, receiving nods and thumbs up in responses.

“Hey everybody, this is Firehawks” I say into the microphone but have to halt midway through my sentence due to the shouts emerging from the crowd. “Thank you. Tonight we’re going to go through some of our classics, but we’re actually going to be playing some new songs tonight for you.” I finish with a grin and a cheer goes up from the crowd.

“Y/N I LOVE YOU!” A girl right next to the stage shouts, startling me.

“Oh um thank you?” I say to her with a small smile and I can hear Pinoe chuckling behind me.

We’re almost halfway through our set list when I feel the hairs rise on the back of my neck. I lift my head immediately and gaze into the crowd, searching for something. My heart drops when I catch a glimpse of the back of someone’s head, but let out a sigh of relief, disappointment? When I see that it’s not who I thought it was. I shake my head and take a deep drink of the beer Susan had just brought us.