How Far?

Ruby looks at the girl in front of her, "Sure. I could use some air." She said.

"Ruby where are you going?" Yang asked.

"Give them a tour. I think we are done talking are we not?" She said.

"Y-yes... I'll be here if you need me." She said as Ruby walked out and closed the door behind her.

"So where do we begin?" She said to them.

"Let's head to our dorm first so we can get settled in." Xuria said.

"Alright then afterwards we go on with a tour." Ruby said.

"That would be lovely. Right little brother?" Xuria said turning to Viribus.

"Yes." He replied.

"Not much of a talker is he?" Ruby said.

"He doesn't like people that much." Xuria said.

"Why?" Ruby asked.

"All are selfish, arrogant, and violent." He replied.

"I mean yeah some of us are, but I know someone who isn't. He is the kindest and most gentle soul I know." Ruby said. Xuria chuckled.

"I'm assuming you have feelings for this someone." She said.

"Is it that obvious?" Ruby said blushing.

"I'm really good at knowing this kind of stuff. Though I have to warn you, we all have our dark sides. I'm certain your lover does as well." She said.

"You don't know about that." Ruby said, "He wouldn't hurt anyone."

"Well what would you do if I was right and your precious lover were to commit the worst crime imaginable?" Xuria asked.

"He would never." Ruby said.

"But what if he did?" Xuria asked, "This is a very valid question. Even the strongest can break, if push far enough. I'm certain even you have changed based on past events." She said. Ruby remembered how she shot at pestilence and was hoping for Jake to be close enough to get caught in the blast, "So what would you do if he was pushed to his breaking point?" She asked again placing a hand on Ruby's shoulder.

"It would depend..." Ruby said. Xuria saw what she was thinking. She saw how F/N walked in on Jake and Yang. How he killed his older sister. How Ruby was in pain from his disappearance.

"Really? On what?" Xuria asked.

"A lot of things..." Ruby responded.

"Well what if someone forced him to kill his closest friend. What if he joined the worst person imaginable to get revenge on those who wronged him?" Xuria asked. Ruby looks at her with wide eyes, "Just a hypothetical discussion." Xuria said raising her hands at her.

"I would..." She stopped for a moment and thought. What if what Yang and Jake did changed him? What if he's still suffering? What if he doesn't remember because he doesn't want to? What would he do if he does... Would he hurt them? I don't care much about Jake but... Yang is my sister. These thoughts plagued her mind as she continued to walk with the two following her, "I could see myself helping him with his revenge... But there are somethings I would try to convince him not to do..." Ruby said.

"Really now? You truly are one of a kind." Xuria said, "Now what if I meet this man and I take a liking to him?" She asked.

"Huh?" Ruby looked at her surprised.