A star overnight

This was my plan for the year, stay invisible, have a nice, peaceful year, and don't bring too much attention to myself. That wasn't too much to ask. Exept, God deicded to play a practical joke on my life. I wonder...when did it all go wrong?

I live in Chestwood, a stress free, natural place to live with nice, quiet neighbours, the fresh oak smell. The cool, morning air and the warm summer afternoon. The school wasn't that far from out little house, up the hill, i used to always walk, and pick flowers on my way, then come back and water the plants from our back yard. Peaceful. And i remembered how i used to lay flat in the lake water until the sun went down, and sit at the ende of the hill to watch the sunset. I never used to dream about the City life, or being popular. I didn't even wear makeup, as my dad forbidded me to. So i bought an eyelash curler, i mean you dont actually PUT it on you. I never even used to think about glittery clothes and high heeled Lady Gaga boots. I didn't even know who Lady Gaga was! Now that i have fallen into the hole of shame, i can finally say that i never understood the concept of fame.

It all started back in high school, i was a (what you'd say) a Junior. I volonteered to sing in one of the leaving ceremonies for the ones who were going off to college. "That's a first." Said my dad, after i told him i;ll be comming home late because of singing practice. "Well, you know... i want to do something different for once. I mean, just because i sang for the student's that are leaving, doesn't mean it will change my whole life." I defended myself. Dad nodded, and grabbed the bucket full of tomatoes and walked into the kitchen. His farming boot always left stains on the kitchen floor. "Alright, shorty. Just call me when you're done.

So here i was, on stage. The chairs in front of me were a little bit curvy, the faces staring up at me, were the faces that i didn't know, or care about. Pausing for a moment, i became aware of my surroundings. I spotted my dad just 3 metres away. I waved and cracked a smile, pretending to not feel nervous, but in reality, i was pissing my underwear. The song started playing, and i jmuped into focus, singing my words a nano second too late, but then caught up.

After that, my voice just became one with the song, my body was swaying lightly and i didn't even realize that I was closing my eyes until i finished the last verse. There was a wave of applause, swimming through the crowd. I smiled tightly, did i do good? Did i miss the high notes? Was my voice croaky? It didn't matter. At least i got this over and done with. Then, i disappeared backstage, once again, behind the black curtain, waiting for the next show. 

"Good Job, Sarah." Dad congratulated, "let's celebrate with a pizza." He offered.                                    "I kinda wanted to forget what happned tonight and just go to bed." I mumbled. There was a faint knock on the door, i looked at Dad and sighed "I'll get it." I lazily dragged myself to the door and opened it. "Who are you?" I asked (a bit too rudely). It's not everyday you see someone new in this small town. Who i was looking at was a tall, (quite handsome i might say) guy, with a brown Beanie hat hiding half of his dark hair. He looked quite like my age but older. I've never seen this kind of boy before. Was he from the City? Perfect feature, and a little bit of facial hair, and those piercing crystal grey eyes, i could melt in- "I'm Owen Berkley." Said the cutie. I nodded, mouth opened, i swear i was ready to drool. "I'm your agent." He spoke again. I was too starstruck to be confused. He leaned on one side of the door, and cracked a rather sexy smile that turned me hot all over. "And i've come to take you to Los Angeles."