A star Overnight Chapter 23

After i finished lunch, me and Gwen walked over to the ladies room. "I don't get it." Paul sighed, "When a girl has to go to the bathroom, why does she have to go in pairs or groups?"

"I guess it's a mystery." Gwen winked.

I opened the bathroom door.

I came face to face with Michelle. She looked at me from her mirror reflection. And oh...she didn't look too good. Her hair was messy (like it usually is), but her eyeliner was running down her cheecks, and her pale makeup was wearing off.  She looked miserable and sad and there was a bunch of tissues on the floor around her.

"Michelle!?" Gwen and i exclaimed. 

She forced a smile at us and whispered, "I'm fine." 

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

She looked down at her hands, crushing the wet tissue under her palm. "I spent the night here. But i'm fine, really." 

Gwen walked over to her, and put a hand on her shoulder. Michelle flinched but didn't move away.

"Michelle. Tell us what's going on."

Michelle screamed and threw the box of tissue at Gwen, "I'm fine! I'm fine! I'm fine! I'm fine!" Her eyes were darting everywhere, wide as can be. 

Gwen stepped back and looked at me. I shrugged, not knowing what to do. I mean. Michelle was my friend, i had to help her. 

I walked over to her, "It's okay."   I reached up to her shoulder and pulled down her collar. A huge red bruise was there. 

Michelle whimpered softly, shaking. 

I gasped. What could've happened? Why was she staying in the toilet? Why did she have a bruise on her shoulder? Why is she so hysterical?

I looked over to the open toilet cubicle. There was vomit in it. No doubt it was Michelle's.

I hugged Michelle tightly. Still confused.

"I...I'm pregnant." She said, through tears. 

I faced her, completely shocked. I stared at her, angry but sad at the same time that she let herself get pregnant. But i also felt guilty. That i couldn't have tried to stop her, and i  didn't know what i could do to help her. 

"M-my boyfriend is in college. He...he hits me. But...it's not really him...it's not. He's sweet. I know he is." Michelle's fingers were shaking. I grabbed them, they were cold and skinny, and pale. "I-i know i shouldn't be dating someone that older than me..."

I suddenly felt guilty, because i was dating Owen. 

"But..." Michelle carried on, "I love him...last night...he..." She broke down crying, holding her stomach. "Please don't tell any one else!" She begged me, now she was the one grabbing my fingers tightly, her eyes looking crazy. She shook my hands, "Please! Not the teachers from school or any of your friends! My parents don't know! And i don't want to face them!" 

I shook my head, "I...i won't" But i know i was saying the wrong thing. I should tell her parents. That would be the right thing to do. But i just needed to say i wouldn't to calm her down.

"We need to take you home, Michelle." Gwen spoke softly. 

Michelle looked at Gwen, miserably, "My parents aren't home. I've only got my older sister, Camellia.  But i don't want her to know! She'll know something is up!" 

Gwen put her arms around her, nodding understandingly. "Let's get out of here, though."

Oh my god.