A star overnight Chapter 17

Surprisingly, i found the room where Owen was and waved the detention note furiously at his face 'What is this??" 

"Your detention note." He said, flipping a towel over his shoulder, sweating. He probably was dancing earlier. 

"This is not fair! You know, on my first day of school two teachers now have been PISSING ME OFF! I'm trying to get good grades here!While i have to also worry about my dad! He doesn't even know I'm here! He has to find out sooner or later that i moved schools! So don't freaking annoy me or i'll go back and never come to L.A. again!!!"

Owen didn't change his face expression, "Wow...i never seen a student get so worked up about a little detention. Take a seat."

I sighed. I guess i had not other choice, since he was being a pain in the ass. "What the heck..." I grumbled, "Jennifer is back now, so why are you still annoying me..." I folded my arms.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He stopped whatever he was doing and looked up at me. 

"You know what i mean." I whispered. 

"It's not like i like that girl. She makes me sick."Owen looked annoyed. 

I didn't say anything for a while, then sighed. "How long is this detention?"

Owen didn't respond.  "I...i meant what i said the other day."

"What did you say?" I asked, not remembering.

"Nothing..." He said.

There was a long silence for a while

"About what my old friend said the other day-"

"Old Friend?" I snorted. 

"He...his sister used to be a guitar player...I was managing her and one day...

3 Years Ago

OWEN POV

"Um..." Gabrielle cleared her throat, putting her guitar down, "I should take a little break." She smiled at me, "Wanna grab some coffee?" 

"Yeah, why not?"  I shrugged, i don't have anything to do anyway. I grabbed my jacket and walked lazily on the pavement, i put my hands in my pocket. 

Gabrielle put her arms around mine, confused i looked at her.

"What? I need to get warm."

"Yeah, but doesn't this look...kinda...."

Gabrielle rolled her eyes, "Come on."

"Let's take a shortcut." Gabrielle winked.

"You really go for the dangerous spots." But i was too tired to protest and i just wanted to get back home since it was a long day.  

But, this place was giving me the chills, and the garbage smell was horrible, but Gabrielle was still clutched to me, which made me more uncomfortable. Then i heard footsteps behind us. 

"Gab! Gab! Gab!" I heard someone's echo behind us. 

Gabrielle froze and turned around, "Michael?" She breathed out. 

"What are you doing?" A figure came closer to us, then suddenly, i felt a hard fist through my face. 

I coughed up blood, and put my hands out, "Look...i don't know what the heck is going on here...but you better get out of here."