A star overnight chapter 4

"Oh...sorry." I choked out. 

"No worries. It's not like i knew the person, really." Owen said, trying to keep his voice steady. 

"And i thought I was the unlucky one." I mumbled. I felt miserable.

"Yeah well..." 

"Oh, look. Let's go in Cafe Du Matin! They sell Belgium Brownies!" I squealed, pulling a cheeky smile and tried to cheer up the mood. 

"Fine, but take off that hat before you enter." Owen suggested.

"Um...why?" 

"Manners." Owen said, shyly and suspiciously. I raised my eyebrows but did what he told me to. But because of the wind, my hair was going all over the place. "Ooh gosh." I sighed.

"You look fine," Owen reasured me. Of course, is comment made me smile, then he did the most unexpected thing, the quickly got out a camera (god knows how he hid it) and snapped a picture of my smile. Like literally snapped a picture. 

"..." 

"..." Owen was trying hard not to laugh. 

"...Why did you do that for?" I asked.

"Sending it to Aim. They'll like it." He replied.  

"Sure they will! They will love my bad hair day in the wind!" I rolled my eyes.

Anyway, we got in Cafe Du  Matin, and somehow we were polite and so formal with each other, i guess it was because of the change of atmoshpere. "So, how did you get into Pop Art?" I asked. Taking a bite of my favourite Belgium brownie. 

"I don't know, really. I just...started making songs and listening to more pop music and here i am." Owen replied, then changed the subject, "we have to chose a song for you to practice for your audition for Aim. Can we use a song that you originally composed?" 

"Um..." I tried to think. "No..." I sighed. "Oh, wait there's a perfect one! It's a song i made up called Love Phase." I smiled a bit.

"Sing it to me." He demanded.

I looked around nervously, "h-here? Right now?"

"Uh-huh. Get up on hat stage and ask if you could sing a song." Owen said.

"U-um...fine..." I managed to squeak out.  

I slowly stood up, this was the only way to show Owen that iw as not a joke, and show him what i am really made of. And for the sake of my mum, i had to do this...

Everyone's eyes were on me. What happened next was terrible.

'Oh! Am i really in love? Yeah, yeah, yeah! Or is this. Just a Love phase, babey!! oh, thats right, babeh!'  Total silence. Followed by a wave of laughter. I was totally caught off guard. Even Owen was laughing! I know this song was stupid but...i just created it in a rush! I felt so imbarrassed, i hid my face in my hands. I glared furiously at Owen. "You jerk! And you can forget about me paying you back, or comming to L.A with you!" And with that, i stormed out of the Cafe, red faced, leaving Owen All alone.