Chapter 13

Kara's Apartment

Kara stood in front of her full length mirror. She held her shirt up as she examine her midsection. She slowly stroked her burn marks; feeling the uneven pattern. She had never had a scar in her entire life on earth and frankly it felt weird to see one on her skin. She couldn't stop touching it for some reason.

The door open up and Barry walk through with four pizza boxes, "I got us dinner." He set down the pizzas and looked for Kara. Noticing her at the corner of the room looking in mirror, he decided to walk to her, "You know it's not permanent. It'll heal just like the rest of your body."

"I know." Kara said continuing to stare at her scar, "But it's just weird you know. I've never had a marking on my body like this; invulnerable skin doesn't allow it."

"Well?" Barry noticed her interest in it, "What do you think about it?"

"It keeps reminding me of the fight." Kara said.

"You don't sound sad about." Barry questioned her tone, "I would have thought the fight would have been the last thing you would have like to be thinking of right now."

"It is." Kara said finally turning around to look at him, "But it's given me a new perspective of myself. I'm strong, powerful, indestructible, but I still have a lot to improve on. Just because I've been given these gifts, doesn't excuse me from needing improvement. I want to get better. I want to become a better hero."

She took a step closer to Barry and smiled up at him, "Like you."

Barry couldn't help to smile at her complement. He felt a little embarrassed which caused him to chuckle nervously.

Kara giggled at seeing his embarrassed face, "If you couldn't tell, I was trying to 'thank you' for saving me yesterday."

"Yes I got that." Barry smiled. "You're welcome and I'm here for you. Anything you need I here for you."

Kara couldn't hold back her smile at Barry's generosity, "Thank you Barry." She closed the gap between them and embraced him. She laid her chin on Barry's shoulder and closed her eyes; enjoying his warm body against hers.

Barry embraced her back and placed his head to the side of hers, although he wasn't as relaxed as Kara since he was worried of hitting Kara's arm or leg, but he let her enjoy the contact.

"I brought dinner." Barry repeated.

Kara let go of him and headed to the counter. She used Barry to help her move; as way to keep herself off her leg. "Ok what you got?"

"Glad you asked. I brought you two extra large meat lovers pizza with extra cheese cheesy bread." Barry said opening up the box so that she could observe her food.

"Yeeees! Let's head to the couch, I want to watch a movie." Kara said taking the pizza in her hands.

"Alright." Barry picked her up bridal style while she held her pizza and sped her over the couch. He quickly set her down and he then proceeded to sit himself down. He arranged themselves so that Kara was on one side of the couch with her leg elevated on the coffee table, and he took his seat normally on the other side.

They watch a movie the rest of the night. During this time Kara noticed that Barry was really interested in the movie. She took the opportunity to rearrange her position so that she could lay her leg on the couch with her upper body against Barry's. Basically she was snuggling with him.

Barry hadn't notice her movement or touch at all. He was so distracted by the movie that Kara was even able to snag two slices of pizza from his box in the process.