36 • Tarot Cards

The picture above is Alex's outfit

Alex's Point of View

Today Jack and I were going on our second date and I was nervous as hell. Somehow, I had this constant fear that he would decide he didn't like me anymore. After all, he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet.

Right now, I was sitting on a bench in the Grove, waiting for him to arrive. I had decided to wear a black, bodycon top with my yellow checked trousers and black Dr Martens.

I kept on pulling at the seam of my top out of nervousness; what if I looked weird? What if he didn't show up? So many doubts were flowing through my brain and he wasn't even here yet.

Two fans had already come up to me and asked for a picture. I didn't mind at all - I love meeting them - but since Jack and I decided not to do anything special and just walk around, there was a high chance that more would find us and interrupt our date.

"Hey there" Jack said cheerfully as he sat down beside me and placed a soft kiss on my cheek. A grin erupted on my face as my cheeks flushed a light shade of pink.

However, my eyebrows knitted together as reality struck again. "Jack, are you sure you want to do that here? Two fans have already spotted me. What if they see you kissing me?" I asked carefully, scared of his reaction.

Instead of frowning at me or nodding his head, Jack smirked. "Then they'll know that I'm the luckiest guy ever to be on a date with you" he stated simply while taking my hand in his own and interlacing our fingers.

I smiled once more at this but there was still a doubt in the back of my mind. "Are you sure you don't care? I mean they could take pictures or videos and leak them. Then everyone would know" I rambled again, staring at our hands.

Jack placed two fingers under my chin and guided my head upwards slowly so I was staring into his dark brown eyes. "I don't care if the whole world knows" he said softly before closing the gap between us.

His lips barely brushed over my own and it was almost like the kiss never even happened. However, it was all I needed and more. It was as if Jack had somehow given me reassurance and confidence through the soft kiss.

"Come on" he said with a goofy grin as he pulled me out of my seat. I smiled widely as Jack began guiding me without dropping my hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked once I noticed that he seemed to be taking a very specific path. Jack looked at me and smirked before turning back to where he was going.

"You'll see" he stated vaguely before continuing on. I decided against arguing with him and just enjoyed the moment. Somehow, I was walking through the Grove in LA, happier than I've been in a long time, holding Jack Avery's hand as we were on a date. How did we end up here?

"I saw this as I was walking to meet you and I thought it'd be fun" Jack eventually said once we had stopped. I looked up to see a small shop with a sign lit up above the door which read "Tarot Readings."

I raised my eyebrows at Jack sceltically. "Really? Tarot Cards?" Jack smiled and pulled me inside the door  "I know it doesn't exactly work but it'll be fun" he stated as we approached a woman.

Surprisingly, she wasn't dressed in a bright coloured sari with bells hanging out of her like I would have expected.

"Have you two come for a Tarot Reading?" she asked with a smile. I found myself liking her for some reason. Something about her voice and demeanour put me at ease.

"Yes we have" Jack said confidently be for an could protest. The woman smiled warmly and led us to a table - which didn't have a massive crystal ball on it.