xxi

jack was in jonah's guest room, the one he shared with corbyn, getting ready to leave tomorrow morning. he was in there alone, jonah had gone out with eben and corbyn didn't even say where he was going. he just left. the fake blond had already packed days before jack. the curly haired male was a procrastinator; he couldn't help it.

he had a lot of things he was thinking about. a major one being zach.

the nineteen year old had gotten upset with jack again. this time, it was because he was heading back, although the curly haired male had no idea why that bother the younger one. he was sure zach knew he needed to go back eventually, there was no reason for their argument. 

he was angry at zach, too. he thought the smaller brunet was over exaggerating.

jack's thoughts were interrupted when he heard the door open and close, but no one speaking. he looked at the door of the room and thought he'd see corbyn but he didn't. instead, he saw a blue eyed brunet. daniel.

"daniel?" he spoke, making the other jump because of the sudden noise.

"jack, hi. um, i'm just here to pick something up for corbyn," he explained, although jack didn't really care, he was just glad there wasn't some serial killer in jonah's apartment.

"oh, okay," he replied, walking towards daniel.

"yeah." there was an awkward silence in the air, none of them knowing what to say. jack cleared his throat after a while, not wanting it to get more uncomfortable than it already was.

"so, uh are you sure you want to leave? i mean, you seem really close to zach and miles, wouldn't they miss you a whole lot?" he asked, running a hand through his curly hair. daniel raised an eyebrow.

"i'll definitely visit them. a lot. i just really want to see la. i've never been there before." he shrugged and grabbed corbyn's wallet that was sitting on the counter. 

"it's really nice, you don't have to worry about the cold weather at all," said the shorter male, smiling. 

"you don't want to stay?" jack shrugged. "i thought you would." 

"zach got mad at me again," the younger replied, frowning. daniel raised an eyebrow. 

"why now?" he asked, walking over to him. 

"because i said that i was still leaving." he shrugged. "i guess it reminded him of when i first left. but i don't get it. i told him that i was only visiting . . ." he paused, thinking about daniel. why wasn't zach mad at him? miles deserves to have two parents, not one.

"he should be mad at you." he looked at the other. "you're miles' dad and you're leaving them. why isn't he mad at you?" he didn't mean to sound angry towards daniel, he was just even more mad at zach.  

daniel eyed him for a few moments before sighing and sitting on the smaller couch in front of him. so zach never told jack about miles. 

"did he tell you anything?" he asked, resting his elbows on his thighs and eyeing jack. 

"about what?" 

"so he didn't?" 

"you're not making any sense," answered the curly brunet. 

"about miles." daniel fiddled with his fingers. 

"what about him? is he okay?" jack sounded worried although there was no reason to be.

"miles is fine." the boy with the ocean blue eyes shook his head. 

"then?"

daniel was getting a little frustrated. how was jack so . . . he couldn't even think of the word. 

"jack, how long did you and zach date before you left?" daniel asked.

he was going to tell him. he had to, jack has to know. there was no way daniel was going t let him leave without knowing the truth.

"for a while, actually," he responded, shifting in his seat. "we knew each other before, too."

"and you guys were serious?"

"um, why are you asking me? it's making me uncomfortable." he pressed his lips together.

"zach has only dated two people in his entire life: you and me." he waved his finger in the space between them. "miles was born in late september and i met zach in march. a pregnancy only lasts nine month." he stood up and walked to the door, opening it. "i've never slept with zach. you do the math." and with that he exited the apartment.

jack scrunched his eyebrows together, thinking about what daniel had just said. he's never slept with zach, miles was born in september and a pregnancy lasts nine months. he counted backwards to figure out when he was conceived. december. specifically christmas day. jack's eyes widened and he suddenly felt out of breath.

"holy shit," he gasped, standing up with his hands on his head.

he grabbed his coat and hurried out of the building, taking the stairs down to the main floor and getting into his car. he tried to drive carefully but fast. he turned into the parking lot of a beautiful home and parked, not bothering to turn the car off. he knocked on the door multiple times until it opened, jack let out a breath and felt his heart race.

"zach." 

*** 

fu dge i dont even know what to say im-

this is barely 899 words aha it's probably the shortest chapter i've written in a while buttttt

the tea is spilled