xx

it was little after noon and zach was getting ready to go back to work. he didn't want to, his vacation had been nice, not to mention he had to ask for extra weeks since miles went to the hospital. his family was out as well, work and school, and this time, both his parents had to work.

he was planning on calling either jack or any one of his friends to watch miles for him. he was considering on choosing corbyn, but he knew miles liked jack more.

he didn't only call jack to babysit miles, but also because he wanted to see him again.

"okay, miles, jack should he here any minute." zach looked at himself through the mirror to make sure he was looking alright for work. "please behave, little one, don't cause him too much trouble, okay?" he kneeled down and tickle his son's belly, earning giggles from him.

"okay, daddy," miles replied, poking zach's forehead.

the nineteen year old kissed miles' cheek and stood up, hearing the doorbell ring and knowing that it was jack.

"hello," the older one greeted, giving zach a peck on his left cheek.

"thank you so much, jack," he said, grabbing his coat. "i'll be back at around seven, okay? let me know if anything happens."

"bye, daddy," miles said, hugging zach's leg.

"bye." he kissed the little boy's nose. "i love you. bye, jack." zach got up and gave the older male a quick kiss before leaving the house.

jack stood there, surprised and silent, not noticing miles' mouth wide open. he looked at the little boy seconds later with a smile.

"ready to spend the day with me?" he asked enthusiastically.

"why did you kiss my daddy?" he asked, pursing his lips and raising an eyebrow.

"what?" jack extended the 'a' as he spoke. "no i didn't." he cleared his throat. "c'mon, let's go have some fun."

"want to draw with me?" miles asked excitedly, hoping up and down.

"of course!" jack followed the little boy into his room and smiled.

miles took out his many crayons and a few pieces of paper, laying them out on the floor as he waited for jack to sit across from him.

"what are we drawing?" he asked, sitting criss crossed on the floor.

"i'm gonna draw a dog," explained miles, grabbing a grey crayon. "i want a big dog, so i can hug him all the time."

"big dogs are great," said jack, grabbing a green crayon. "i remember having one when i was little."

"really?" miles gasped and look up at his dad.

"yup, she was the most amazing dog ever." jack smiled and grabbed a blue crayon this time.

"i wish my daddy let me get a doggie." the little boy frowned. "but the house isn't big enough for him."

"i have an idea," jack said, putting the crayon down. "how about we go to a shelter? i know one where they let you play with the doggies," he suggested, watching as the little kid's face lit up with every word.

"can we go, can we go? please?" he pleaded, getting up and hopping up and down again. "please, please, please?"

"why not?" the older male stood up. "let's go." he grabbed miles' coat and put it on him, taking his hand to go downstairs.

jack also grabbed his own coat before exiting the house. he never returned the car seat he borrowed, he always forgot to. his forgetful mind was useful for once, if he'd returned it, he wouldn't have been able to take miles out.