0205.

Wednesday, 11 November 2015

AMOROSO.

Birdhouse was a calm, artisan café in the Wandsworth area of London

Birdhouse was a calm, artisan café in the Wandsworth area of London. With cool grey décor, lofi music playing over the speakers, and expensive coffee, it had everything a trendy, indie hangout needed. This was where Wynter and Jackie had decided to meet so they could discuss Jackie's part in Wynter's Professional Piece. They had been sitting there for an hour, Wynter showing Jackie the music sheet and telling her all about her final project, when she took a sip of her large mug of coffee and sighed loudly once she ha taken a huge gulp.

"Anything else you're wondering?" Wynter asked, watching Jackie study the notes on the piece of paper before her.

"When do you want me to come to the studio?"

"Oh," Wynter waved her hand in front of her face, shaking her head a little. "Don't worry about that yet. I'll book one of the studios at uni sometime after Christmas I think, I'll let you know, though."

Jackie nodded, looking back down at the paper before her. "Think I need to rehearse some first just so I know how to play it. Don't want to mess anything up."

"Jackie, you won't." Wynter smiled, sipping the last of her coffee. "You're such a talented violinist, you'll be perfect for my piece."

Smiling back, Jackie eased back into her chair, letting go of a sigh before looking outside at the sun that was poking through clouds, the rain just having subsided. "It's just huge, you know what I mean? This is your Independent Project and my part could make it or break it."

Wynter looked outside as well, still holding her mug between her hands even though it was empty now. "Think about it this way: you're doing me a huge favour by participating in it and I wouldn't want anyone else to play the violin."

Jackie couldn't help her blushing, staring at the floor until she had calmed down a little. "Thank you."

"No need. Feel like you would've done the same if you needed an oboe."

"I'll reach out if I ever need one."

Wynter put her mug down. "If you don't have any further questions, if you're okay with all of this, then I think we're done here for today."