Chapter 2- "I gotchu"

Callie's  outfit ^

Callie's outfit ^

{Callie's P.O.V}

I was up and fixing my outfit in the mirror, I'll
admit...I'm a little anxious but still calm.

I looked at my fit and winked at myself
"damnnn girl you fine, can I get yo numba?"

I laughed and then started to cringe at myself,
"I'm so weird.." I took one last look in the mirror, grabbed my phone and headphones then left the house.

Oscar and Cesar already left so I made my way to the school for orientation but as I was walking I saw a brown skinned girl with a tall dark skinned boy and a short light Latino boy.

They were looking at me and talking to each other until the girl spoke.

"Hey!" I looked her way and they were crossing the street walking towards me.

"Yo?" I said raising one eyebrow, these probably are Cesar's friends.

The stopped in front of me and the short one kept staring.

"You're Cesar's cousin..Callie, right?" The girl asked smiling.

"Yeah...and you're Cesar's friends?" I asked taking one earbud out.

"I wouldn't use the term 'friends' at the moment." The short one said and the tall one nudged him.

"I'm Monse, this is Ruby and Jamal." She said pointing to them.

"Good to know, and considering your response, I take it you guys aren't on good terms right now?" I asked.

"Long story, walk and talk." Monse said and I started walking with them.

Before she could speak ruby cut her off.
"Too make a long story short your cousin is an asshole." He said looking at me.

"And they won't even tell me why!" Monse said glaring at Jamal and Ruby.

"Sounds hella complicated." I said turning my music down.

"She's right, it does, can we uncomplicate this situation?" Monse asked, she was trying to pry it out of them.

"Monse we're not telling you." Ruby said as we turned a corner and Monse groaned

"Anyway! Callie, where'd you live before you moved here?" Jamal asked trying to change the subject.

"I lived in New York for a while." I said teasing my curls.

"Cool, what city?" Monse asked.

"from Queens to Manhattan. Although I was born in queens, I was raised in Manhattan." I said

"Queens? Girl that's a rough place." Jamal said shaking his head.

"True but that would explain her resting bitch face." Monse joked and I laughed.