Chapter 13- "Greatest Blessings"

Here's the 'oop' face
😗
You'll know when you get there.

Here's the 'oop' face 😗You'll know when you get there

Callie's Outfit^

{Callie's P.O.V}

Today was Ruby's New Years party, I had a hard time picking out what to wear.

I decided to put on a tan fitted dress, I couldn't help to think I was overly dressed but it was better than rolling up in my good hoodie and mom jeans.

I finished getting ready and took a good hard look in the mirror.

*sigh*

New year new me...or at least that's what they say.

I walked out the house, and looked back, it hasn't really been the same since Cesar got kicked out.

I haven't seen him in a while, but maybe that was for the better. I still don't know how he feels about Latrelle and I being together.

Well- I can't say we're together anymore, after what he did, things are just so complicated.

I made it to Ruby's house and knocked on the door. I was so nervous, I haven't seen the fam in a while.

I waited patiently as the I heard small chatter from behind the door. When it opened I saw Ruby's mom and she smiled at me pulling me inside.

"Mija! Oh my god it's so good to see you!" She said hugging me tightly.

"It's good to see you too Mrs. Martinez." I said barely being able to breath.

"Ma!" I heard someone yell and Mrs.Martinez let me go.

She moved out of the way and I saw ruby standing there dressed in a nice suit.

There was a moment of silence as we just stared at each other.

"Hey..." we said in sync and laughed.

"You look good." He said and I smiled.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself." I said ruffling his hair.

I was a little early, as we waited on everyone to arrive Ruby and I caught up on what we've been doing these past two months.

There was a knock on the door and it was a tall Latino Man, Ruby introduced me.

"Mario! This is Callie, A close friend of Mine. Callie, this is my brother Mario." He said and Mario smiled at me.

"It's nice to meet you Callie." Mario said and I shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you too." I smiled back and he gathered everyone.

"Guys there's something I have to tell you, you have to promise not to be mad." Mario said and I raised one eyebrow.

Monse then came in and looked at us.

"Happy New Year! Did y'all know there's a pregnant white girl on y'all porch?" She asked and Mrs.Martinez's face fell.