Chapter 16- "I'm not okay"

Callie's Outfit for the dance^

{Callie's P.O.V}

Everything has been going good so far, Cesar's been staying with Jamal, Monse is getting really close with her mom and Ruby is feeling better about the whole Olivia situation.

Tomorrow Night was the Valentines Day dance and I was looking for Cesar, I saw him sitting outside at the football field with Jamal and I walked over to them.

"Hey guys." I said standing on the benches.

"Hey Callie." They both said in sync.

"You guys going to the dan-

"De'Lon!, Turner!" We heard someone yell from a far.

Jamal and I turned around and we saw coach walking up to us. We both got off the benches and met him halfway.

"I need both of you tomorrow night." He said and both of our faces scrunched up.

"Are you asking us to the dance?" Jamal asked and I snickered.

"No! I'm chaperoning, and so are the both of you." He said and I smacked my lips.

"Why can't you handle it yourself?" I asked, coach was about to say something but Jamal cut him off.

"We'd love too but then we'd have to miss out on the dance, and the dance contest, and bragging about winning the dance contest." Jamal said and I nodded.

"Don't you both need a date to win the dance contest?" He asked and Jamal and I laughed.

"Callie is my date." He said and I cheesed at him.

"Cute but no, remember how much both of you owe me, you're still months away from restitution." Coach said and my jaw dropped.

"Months?! It can't be months-

Cesar tapped the both of us and whispered something in our ear.

"Okay, we'll work the dance with you." Jamal said.

"Only if you clear our debt." I added and we both smirked.

"The whole thing?!" Coach asked and Cesar jumped in.

"Yeah, he'll even help you prep and clean up." I glared at him and he smiled.

"Okay fine." Coach said and I shook my head.

"You both should probably go with him to see what he wants you to do." I stuck the middle finger up at Cesar as we started to walk away.