Chapter-9 "Mixed Emotions"

Callie's outfit^

Callie's outfit^

{Callie's P.O.V}

Olivia's quince was in a week and everyone was rushing to have it be the best quince ever, including me. I'm the type of person to do favors for a friend without caring about the payment behind it.

The fam has been off lately, Olivia and Cesar are together, which is obviously hurting Ruby and Monse, Jamal and I are spending all of our free time on this rollerworld situation— so no ones had actually spent quality time together...

We were currently at Ruby's house trying to get a dance rehearsal down for Olivia's Quince, Jamal was late, he told me he got caught up in more rollerworld stuff and not to tell the fam, I kept my mouth shut and sooner or later he showed up.

Ruby snapped on him and I shook my head.

"Everybody again, from the top!" He yelled and everyone got in formation.

We started the routine but some of us couldn't get it right.

"It's a square people, it's a square." Ruby said demonstrating.

"This is dumb..." I whined.

"Shush!" Ruby said making me be quiet.

The music changed.

"Turn—and down and one, and two, and three, and mm!" He said doing the routine, everyone just did their own thing.

Jamal Monse and I were poppin' and lockin' until he turned the music off.

"Guys! You're not even trying." Ruby said and Olivia groaned.

"Ruby! Your a natural, we're not." She complained and everyone agreed.

"We need an easier routine." She said and we agreed.

"Or no routine." Monse rebuttaled.

"Nonsense! We just need more practice." He said and I sighed.

"Callie! I know you can dance, I caught you dancing in the living room when no one was watching." He said and my eyes went wide.

"So you, step up." I stepped up and we made everyone partner up.

It was Ruby and Monse,
Cesar and Olivia
— Jamal and I.

One hour later

Everyone was tired and sweaty, ruby kept trying to make us work, he brought us food but he said we couldn't eat.

Olivia snapped and canceled the quince..

Things just keep getting worse. Jamal kept texting me about rollerworld, he was at some guy named chivo 's house.

{Cesar's P.O.V}

I was walking down the sidewalk with Monse,

"Ruby's not crazy!" I said laughing and Monse laughed too.

"The dude ordered a horse, a horse!" She exclaimed and I shook my head.

"What does Laura Diaz think?" I asked taking a sip of my drink. She nudged me.

"But seriously, did she ever get a response?" I asked and she smiled.

"Her friend request was accepted." I was shocked and almost choked on my juice.

"Holy shit! Well what'd you find out?" I asked and she chuckled.

"I haven't started digging yet!" She said and I cut her off.

"Let's start now!" I was really happy for her, but something was holding her back.

"Mmm, I don't know. I'm too nervous, I should do it on my own in case I..." She started.

"In case what?" I asked and she sighed.

"I can't handle what I find." She said and I looked at her.

"Okay. But you know I'm here for you right?" I said and she nodded.

"I know." She said and there was a moment of silence.

"Oh so get this! Remember how I told you she's an arthour?" She said and I nodded.

"Mhm."

"Well I read one of her books, and it's about a teenager who travels back in time, and her past self is literally trying to kill her." She said.

"So she's literally running from her past." I said and she nodded.

"Yes! Thank you, isn't that insane?" She exclaimed.

"It all seems to be adding up." I said and she sighed.

"Or I'm just reading into it.." she said.

"I can't do this." I said as I stopped walking

"What?" She asked looking at me.

"Pretended were just friends, I can't stop thinking about you." I said and she looked at me sadly.

"About us..." I said and she cut me off.

"Please don't, Cesar." She said looking down.

"I can't help it." I pleaded and she shook her head.

"You're with Olivia." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"And the fam is happy." She gave me a sad smile.

"But I'm not!" I said and she looked into my eyes.

"I think about you, all the time..do you ever think about me.?" I asked and she nodded.

"All the time." We both leaned in for a kiss but got rolled up on by Latrelle.

"Aye yo!" He said pulling up.

"What's the deal Cesar." He said smirking.

"Yo Monse, Why you still hanging with these broke ass Santos?" He asked and I stepped up.

"Oh so you spent a month and juvie, now you think you ballin'?" I asked and me smacked his lips.

"Yeah, where you think I knocked off a bunch of ya punk ass homies?" He asked and I started to get heated.

"Ask about me, gone head!" I through my can at his car and Monse started to pull me back.

"Screw the santos and yo dead homies!" He yelled and I stepped up again.

"You know what side you on? This is our block feel me?" I yelled.

"They call me lil' spooky I'll blast on your ass!" I yelled and he pulled out a gun.

"I don't care what side I'm on.." he said aiming it at me.

I instantly pulled Monse behind me.

He looked at her and back at me.

"You lucky yo bitch is here, next time I catch you slippin' ima put a whole in you!" He yelled and my jaw clenched.

"And tell yo fine ass cousin I said wassup boo." He said laughing and pulled off.

{Callie's P.O.V}

I was walking home texting Jamal and when I got in cedar was sitting on the couch with his leg shaking.

"Yo." I said closing the door behind me.

"What's wrong?" I asked setting my bag down.

"Latrelle pulled up on Monse and I, held us at gunpoint." He said looking up at me.

I felt my heart drop down to my stomach, I didn't know how to feel, it was mixed emotions.

I was mad because I told him to respect my family, I was disappointed because I thought he was better than this...but being with a prophet— you have to be able to take the good with the bad...right?