Chapter 14- "Blood is thicker than water"

Callie's outfit^

Callie's outfit^

{Callie's P.O.V}

Jamal, Monse, Cesar and I we're out looking for the money. It took so long, so long that Cesar and Monse left Jamal in a garbage, I got 911ed and had to go get him a extra pair of clothes...I was extremely tired.

I walked to his location with a T-shirt, Jeans and a pair of his J's.

I saw an angry Jamal, giving Cesar and Monse a mouth full.

I walked up to them. They were too busy arguing they didn't even notice me.

I looked at them lazily.

"SHUT UP!" I yelled and they turned to me with wide eyes.

"Here's your clothes." I said yawning handing Jamal his clothes and shoes to match.

"Thank you bestfriend!" He said and I nodded.

"Yeah yeah whatever...did you find the money?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Yes, I found OUR money." He said putting his clothes on.

"Right OUR money." Monse said taking the bag.

"No, I mean me and Callie's money, we found it." Jamal said grabbing the bag and started walking.

"Umm no, this is our money, we helped both of you find it." She said following us.

"After calling us delusional and not believing us at the beginning." I said looking back and she frowned.

"We did agree that we'd use it to save Cesar, not for whatever you're going to use it for." She said snatching the bag away.

I grabbed it and we all started fighting over the bag.

After making a scene, an officer pulled up.

We all looked at him.

"Uh oh.."

15 minutes later

We were at the police station being interrogated by the police man.

We were getting anxious as he was inching closer and closer to opening the bag.

Minutes later, of quick thinking and word play, we got the bag and dipped.

Hours later the fam and I split up and I started walking home.

As I walked down the street, I walked by the porch Latrelle always use to sit on. I stopped and looked at it.

I started to think of all the good times we had, all the laughs we shared, all the jokes we made...it all started here.

I snapped out of it as I thought on what he did, how it effected the fam..how it effected me..

I walked into my house and closed the door. I saw Oscar sitting on the couch and I sat my bag down.

"So when were you going to tell me that you kicked Cesar out?" I asked taking my shoes off.

He didn't answer me and I stood in front of him.

"Don't ignore me." I said crossing my arms and he looked at me.

"When were you going to tell me?" I asked again and he lit his cigarette.

"I wasn't." He said and I smacked my lips.

"Why?" I asked trying to calm myself.

"Because it doesn't involve you." He said simply.

"It does! We are family Oscar!" I raised my voice and he leaned back blowing the smoke from his cigarette.

"He didn't finish his job." I could feel my blood start to boil.

"He's a kid, he's no killer, you of all people should know that!" I said and he turned he tv on.

"And he was born a santo, which means he had things to take care of as a santo." He said and I snatched the remote turning the tv off.

"That doesn't mean kick him out of the house, he has no where to go."

"Not my problem." He scoffed and I started to get angrier by the minute.

"It is your problem! He's your problem, he's your little brother and what you did was unnecessary! I thought blood was thicker than water!!-

"-Blood does not determine family, loyalty does!!" He yelled cutting me off and I yelled back.

"You sent him to kill somebody, Oscar! There was a difference between his struggle and yours so of course he's not going to be so quick to pull the fucking trigger!" Oscar stood up.

"Watch your tone." He said and I through the remote at his chest.

I started to walk to my room, and he kept calling my name. I slammed my door and laid on my bed.

I turned my speaker on and played
shot down by:Khalid, I turned the volume all the way up. I heard knocking on my door but ignored it.

My phone vibrated and I looked at it. It was Cesar texting me, I jumped up and opened it.

Text Messages
__________________________________

Cesar💕: Hey

Callie😍: Hey...

Cesar💕: U ok?

Callie😍: not really

Cesar💕: what happened?

Callie😍: Oscar is being a dick, I cussed him out about what happened...

Cesar💕: u shouldn't have done that

Callie😍: and he shouldn't have kicked u out. But he did

Cesar💕: don't be like that

Callie😍: it's not the same without u here

Cesar💕: aww does Callie miss me?☺️

Callie😍: don't milk it. Where r u?

Cesar💕: somewhere safe

Callie😍: define safe 🙄

Cesar💕: lol u still haven't changed

Callie😍: and neither have u

Cesar💕: haha, u need to get some rest, we've got school tmr

Callie😍: mkay Goodnight ❤️

Cesar💕: Night❤️
__________________________________

I put my phone on the charger, turning the music off and through some pjs on then went to sleep.