Chapter 11- "Too Late"

Callie's outfit^

Callie's outfit^

{Callie's P.O.V}

I woke up, my eyes puffy from crying, my head was hurting and I felt like tying rocks to my feet and jumping inside the ocean.

Awesome right?

I got ready for school, throwing on whatever I saw first and walked out, I'm guessing Cesar was still in bed.

When I left the house I saw Monse, Ruby, Jamal and Olivia walking on the other side of the street, I stayed on my side and began walking.

I guess they noticed and they all stoped.

"So, we don't get a hey or good morning?" Jamal asked and I stopped walking, turning to them.

"Aren't you guys mad at me?" I asked and they thought for a moment.

"Mad isn't the word, more like betrayed, hurt, disappointed, aggrieved-." Ruby was about to go on but Olivia cut him off.

"I think she gets it." She said and I laughed a little.

"Don't just stand there, we're going to be late." Monse said and I smiled.

I jogged across the street to them and Jamal wrapped his arm across my shoulder.

"You're still my bestfriend." He said and we laughed, continuing our journey to school.

Hours later

Latrelle rolling up on Cesar is all over Instagram, Cesar's suppose to stay low, the block is hot— like hella hot.

After school Jamal was still at the hospital with Chivo.

He was still in a coma, which really sucked for us because we needed all the information he could get.

I was walking home texting Jamal about it, we were getting closer to un solving this mystery.

As I was walking I heard someone call my name, I turned around and it was Latrelle.

"So we really done huh?" He asked walking closer to me, his eyes were a little red and his hair was some what a mess.

"Latrelle.." I said and he cut me off.

"You can't end it like this ma." He said gently grabbing my hand.

"I have to...what we had was going to cause chaos." I said and he shook his head.

"We ain't do that song together?..we ain't vibe together?" He asked me and I looked to the side.

"You can't just throw allat away." He said looking at me.

"I made my choice!!" I yelled and took a deep breath.

"Sometimes..you meet the right person, at the wrong time..." I said gently touching his face and I could tell he wanted to cry..but in his eyes, gangsters don't cry.