Lonely (part 2)

Demi's POV
I kept crying when y/n was wheeled into the hospital. Why? Why did she relapse? She was doing so well. I needed to ask her what made her do it. I had to. I had to help her. When I needed help, she was always by my side. However, when she needed help, I wasn't there for her even though she was on tour with me. I was too busy with writing and releasing new music till I didn't care about her.

"Ms Lovato?" a doctor snapped me out of my thoughts. "Yes that's me," I replied, trying to fake a smile. "OK, y/n y/l/n is in stable condition now. You may see her, however, she's still not awake yet," she smiled. I nooded and pulled Sirah into y/n's ward. As I walked in, I could see many tubes and wires attached to her. I sat down in the chair next to the hospital bed and started stroking y/n's hand. "Stay strong babe, I'll be here for you," I whispered as I let a tear escape. The next moment, I could feel her hand move. I jerked up slightly to see her hand twitching. "Y/n?" I asked happily. No response. I sighed and went back to stroking her hand.

Y/N's POV
My hand started twitching. I didn't think Demi felt it, but she did. "Y/n?" she asked. I tried to open my mouth to say something but I couldn't. I heard a sigh as I felt her stroking my hand again. A few minutes later, my eyes fluttered open as I felt light shining in my face. "Y/n!" Demi squealed as she came over to hug me. I gave her a small smile but that quickly disappeared as I wondered where I was. "Demi, where am I?" I asked puzzled. "Y/n, you're in the hospital. Do you remember anything?" she sighed. I nodded slightly as whatever happened an hour ago came across my mind. Sooner or later, two nurses and a doctor came in to check on me. "Y/n, do you still remember what brought you here?" the doctor asked. "I attempted suicide," I replied with my head hung low. "OK, great that you still remember something," The doctor said as he wrote down something on his clipboard.

After the doctor and two nurses left, it was Demi's turn to talk. "Y/n, I'm so sorry... I should've been there for you... open up to me babe, please don't bottle up all of your emotions," she said as she lifted my head up with two fingers to meet her gaze. A lump formed in my throat as soon as I started, "My family was involved in a serious car crash last night a-and-" I paused as I tried stopping the tears from coming out. Clearly, it didn't work. I started hyperventilating as I broke into sobs. "Match my breathing baby girl," Demi said as she brought me close to her chest.

5 minutes later, my breathing went back to normal. "OK, continue baby girl, I'm here for you," she soothed, stroking my hair. "T-they died," I choked out as I let a tear slip. She gasped. "Baby... why didn't you tell me earlier? I could've been there for you! I'm so sorry y/n..." she trailed off as a tear slipped from her eye. "Don't apologise Demi, I understand," I said kissing her cheek. (a/n: ik that sounds weird but let's just say they do this all the time) "I-It's that all?" she stuttered, looking concerned. I shook my head as I motioned her to pass me my phone. I showed her the text my ex sent me a few hours ago.

*text messages*
Justin: I'm so sorry baby girl but I'm going to have to call off the engagement
Me: YOU WHAT?
Justin: I said, I'm going to have to call off the engagement! Do you not understand English?!
Me: JUSTIN HOW COULD YOU? WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 6 YEARS AND NOW YOU WANNA CALL OFF THE ENGAGEMENT?
Justin: IT'S BC I FOUND SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT
Me: GET THE FUCK OFF MY PHONE RN.

I let out a cry as I read those messages. "Shhhh... Baby girl, its OK... I've got you..." Demi cooed as she pulled me into her chest. 5 minutes later, we both agreed to let sleep take over us.

~~
I feel like I can turn this into a book hehe ;) BTW, no more parts for this imagine!