Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine | Freeze

Bakugo's Point of View

She gets up and walks out of the kitchen, a mix of shocked and fear showing on her face, and I don't stop her. To be honest, my face probably looks the same right about now.

"She laughed..?" I ask myself.

Why doesn't she laugh more often? She looks so cute when she does, I don't understand why she wouldn't. Does she just have a weird sense of humour? No way does she just not find things funny. Hell, even that half-and-half bastard laughs and smiles sometimes. She's choosing not to be happy, but why would anyone not wanna be happy?

"She laughed..." I replay the scene over and over in my head, and every time I do, I notice more of the smaller details. Things like the crow's feet that appear in the corner of her eyes, and the way her lips curl into her teeth slightly, showing off how slightly uneven and crooked they are.

"She laughed..!" I begin to walk up the stairs, taking a path similar to the on that she took,  seeing as our rooms are on the same floor, and as I pass by her door, I can't help but stop and look at it.

I wonder...

I walk up and gently knock on her door.

I hear a muffled squeak before feet shuffle across the ground, and she opens the door, her normal stoic expression on her face yet again. 

"Bakugo-kun,"

I stand frozen as I admire the girl before me. Her shoulder-length blue hair has been let out of its messy bun, and her pale yellow eyes seem dull compared to earlier. It's like a cloud is constantly blocking the sun from her face.

My breath hitches in my throat and a stiffen when I notice smaller things. The way her lips part slightly as she waits for me to do something. The way pale skin is dusted with freckles. She's just so...

Perfect.

"Bakugo-kun?" she grabs my attention, pulling my thoughts away from her lips and bringing back to her muted yellow eyes.

"Look, I'll say this once, okay?" I say, leaning up against the door and trying to act as casual as possible. "You-you should smile more, okay?" I tell her, looking away to try and hide the light pink no doubt covering my cheeks.

I watch as her eyes widen slightly and her lips spread further apart, shock dancing across her beautiful features and capturing me in a trance yet again.

She looks down silently, almost as if she's processing what I just said, and O almost thinks I said something wrong.

That is, until she looks up, a small smile dancing across her pink lips and a faint blush painted onto her cheeks.

"No promises,"

with that, she gently closes her door, leaving breathless for what seems to be the hundredth time today.

"Damn nerd making me all mooshy and shit. What the fuck is that meant to mean?" I whisper to myself walking away from her door and into my room.

Mayu's Point of View

Why did I say that!?

Now he's gonna expect me to smile and laugh and just, ugh!

"He's such a dick!" ... "Why's he so cute?" I can't help but smile as I remember the light blush on his cheek, failing to notice the way my stomach does little flips.

I hum along to the song blasting through my earphones as I walk into the UA gym. I put my duffle bag down on one of the benches and begin to stretch.