Chapter One

Chapter One | New again

As I walk down the halls of UA Academy, I try my very best not to cry tears of sheer joy. "Holy shit." Is all I manage to say as I pass by the enormous classroom doors, looking for the one I'll be spending the next few months in. I continue down that hall before I finally reach my destination.

Class 1-A.

Okay, Mayu. You got this. It's not a big deal. I say to myself in an attempt to get hyped up. Six months. Six months before you leave, don't get attache-

"Oi! What the hell are you doing, Extra!?" I try not to jump from the sudden noise, and instead manage to bring my scared reaction into a small flinch.

"Must you yell?" I reply a blank expression now on my face.

"Must you yell!?" He mocks in a high-pitched voice before approaching me. "Look extra, I don't care if you're new, I don't care how top-shit you think you are, I'm going to be number one, so move it!" The ash-blonde boy attempts to shove my shoulder, but before he gets the chance I'm behind him.

"What th-"

"Move it, Extra," I whisper into his ear before pushing past him, causing his red eyes to widen as he stumbles forward and out of my way.

And, into the classroom it is.

I calmly and quietly open the door, ready for the onslaught of questions I will no doubt receive. I've been the new girl so many times I've lost count, but no matter where I go, the hero coarse aways seems more lively.

I don't even get a step in before I'm shoved into the classroom. I stumble forward and crash into someone's desk, knocking it out of place, before composing myself.

"Who do you think you are!" Ashy-boy asks me, clearly angry beyond a civil conversation.

Using my quirk again, I place the desk back where it was and make my way over to Ashy. I move toward him and stand next to him, deactivating my quirk so that he can see where I've moved.

"You shouldn't pick a fight so early in the morning, especially one that you can't win," I whisper in his ear. I've met enough of his type to know what buttons to press. After leaving him my message, I use my quirk to sit in my seat, or what I'm assuming is my seat because of the name tag sitting on it.

Once I sit down, I look around the class. By now, most people would be asking me questions, but that's not what's happening. Almost the entire class is surrounding Ashy-boy, trying to calm him down. One boy, in particular, a boy with red hair similar to Ashy's, is the only one really doing anything to calm him down.

"C'mon Katsuki, you probably started the fight anyway. It's not manly to pick on girls!" Red tries to reason with Ashy.

"That's right, Bakugo-kun! You shouldn't fight in the classrom." I notice that the other person trying to reason with him has exhaust-pipes coming out of his calves, so his quirk is probably similar to mine. I'll have to watch out for him.

I look away from the crowd of teenagers, trying to look disinterested, and choose to look around the rest of the class instead. The only other three people at their desks are a boy with two-toned hair who's watching the commotion, I boy with messy green hair who looks like he's pissing himself, and a small boy with purple balls on his head staring at me. I make eye contact with him and he immediately starts to drool.

"Ignore Mineta, he's like that with everyone." I was so busy being weirded out by the scene in front of me, I didn't notice the girl in front of me turn to look at me. She's a rather tall girl with black hair pulled back in a ponytail. She looks very well mannered, another person I can't get attached to.