~ 2 ~

"Where's room 213? I've got Technology in there first," Colby asked us, scratching the back of his neck gently. His voice was deep but quiet. He was shy, I could tell. I wanted to get closer to him, learn more about him. He seemed like a very interesting person and I wanted to know his story.
"I have that class too! Come on, I'll show you the way," I said, smiling invitingly. His face turned a light shade of pink as he smiled back and followed me to the classroom. We took a few lefts, then a right, then another left and we arrived in class.
"There's no assigned seats, but be warned. If you're a chatterbox this lesson, you will be moved," the teacher announced as everyone took seats. Me and Colby sat near the back of the room, a table for two people. I grabbed a scrap of paper and scrawled the words 'hey what're your interests?'. I folded the paper up and slid it onto his desk, making sure to not be seen by the teacher. He unfolded it and smiled. He started writing down words, I couldn't understand what they said as he wrote them, his hand moved too quickly. He folded it up speedily and passed it back to me. I opened it.
'exploring abandoned places, sketching and sleeping, wbu?' I grinned as I read it and started writing.
S-'exploring abandoned places, listening to music, sleeping, spending time with my brother. Seems like we have a little in common :)'
C-'Yeah. I'm sure we have more in common though, wanna hang at mine tonight?'
S-'sure :) I'll ring my mom and tell her on the way home, i can't wait :)'
C-'me neither :)'
S-'we're gonna get caught, we need to stop now'
C-'ok'

By the end of the lesson, we'd figured out we had literally every class together. We'd picked all of the same subjects, therefore were in the same classes. I was happy about that, it'd help me on my way to learning more about him.

The next two lessons went by painfully slowly, the subjects seemingly more boring than they were last week.
"Let's go find the guys," I say, walking towards where we were this morning. Colby followed quietly. He was shy and kept to himself. I wanted to change that. I wanted him to open up to me, be my friend. Be close to me. That's not weird right? No. I just wanna be his friend. That's all. Right?
I snapped out of my thoughts as a familiar, yet hated voice spoke from behind me.
"Fag," he breathed into my ear and continued on his way.
"I hate you Brennen," I kicked the back of his leg, to see Colby already with the guys. They watched from a short distance and shook their heads.
"Sam, get your ass over here," Aaron shouted, laughing. I smiled and ran to them. I skidded onto the floor next to Colby, causing him to jump slightly.
"Sorry," I smiled.
"It's okay," he mumbled softly.
"What're we doing at yours on Friday, Corey?" I asked.
"Chilling, I suppose," he shrugged. We joked around and just talked for the next 20 minutes, until we had next period. Science. We all had that lesson, therefore all suffered the same.
We trudged to room 913, which was on the complete opposite side of school, in almost complete silence, the only sound coming from our footsteps and the other people flooding around us. In my peripheral vision, I saw Colby flinch gently. Nobody had touched him. Nobody had even came near him. I shuffled a bit closer as we walked, nobody noticing but him. He smiled softly and carried on walking. I was getting to like this boy more and more... I doubt he even wanted to be my friend though, right?

(645)
Why did Brennen call Sam a fag? (I hate that word with a passion) You'll have to keep reading to find out :D