~19~

"Sammy, c'mon. We need to go home," Colby woke me up, rubbing my back gently.
"Noooo," I whined.
"C'mon," he laughed.
"But I'm still tired," I clung to him like a koala as he stood up. He wrapped his arms around me to make sure I didn't fall.
"Your mom hasn't seen you since yesterday, I'm sure she's worried," Colby stated. He had a good point, my mom sure as hell would've been worried.
"Fiiiiine. Carry me all the way?" I pleaded, still latched onto him.
"Sure, hop on my back," Colby rolled his eyes with a smile. I grinned and jumped onto his back. He had a firm grip on my legs as I wrapped my arms around his neck from behind. He laughed and ran a little.
"Colby! I'm gonna fall!" I squealed.
"You're not, I've got you," he laughed a little more and ran out of the school and onto the streets.
"Are you coming to my house? If you aren't that's ok, I'm just wondering," I said into his ear once we were on an empty street.
"I don't wanna go back to my house after last night, but I can't stay at your house all the time," Colby sighed.
"My mom adores you, and I'm sure if I tell her a little about your situation then I'm sure she'll let you, but that's up to you," I said, still on his back.
"What if she tells Social Services? And your dad hates gays, also meaning me," he shook his head.
"If I explain everything to her she'll understand. And my dad has no right to say anything to you. My mom will rage if he does say anything," I explained, placing my chin on his shoulder.
"Ok," he nodded and sighed softly.

(Time skip to arriving at Sam's)

"Mom? I'm back, with Colby. I need to talk to you," I yelled, Ben running to the door and hugging me.
"Mom's in the kitchen," Ben mumbled, finding his way back upstairs to his bedroom. I took Colby's hand and walked to the kitchen. My mom was doing the dishes whilst my dad sat at the table watching a football game, shouting at the TV screen. Neither of them noticed we'd entered the room right away.
"Kirk, could you be a little more quiet please?" My mom asked, turning around abruptly.
"Cindy, could you be a little less controlling, please?" He rolled his eyes and continued shouting at the TV screen.
"Mom?" I said quietly, squeezing Colby's hand.
"Oh! I didn't even see you boys there! Yes, sweetie?" She smiled at me and Colby. I cringed at the nickname.
"I.. I need to talk to you. A-alone," I stumbled over my words nervously.
"Ok, sweetie," she followed us into the living room.
"So, first of all, can Colby sleep here again? Second of all, there's... stuff going on at home for him, he kinda needs to," I squeezed his hand.
"Of course he can, dear, and if you don't mind me asking, what's going on at home?" My mom asked, giving me a puzzled look. I looked at Colby for a second, him nodding and me moving the rings on his fingers softly.
"His uh.. his mom is a-abusive," I looked down at our hands and back at my mom.
"Oh my goodness! That's terrible," she exclaimed. "You can stay whenever you like, darling." She said, looking at Colby. He smiled and nodded.
"Thank you, Mrs Golbach," he mumbled, smiling.
"Please, call me Cindy," she grinned and stood up, leaving the room.
"Upstairs?" I looked at Colby. He nodded and we headed upstairs.

(608)
Everything is stressful atm, agh ✌︎