Chapter Four

The bell rang and everyone scrambled out of class with bookbags flying in the air, laughter, and sighs. I felt safe walking in between Payton and Jackson.

"Kaylee?" Payton looks over at me.

"Yeah."

"What's your locker number?"

"Ahh! Let me see here."

I start to look through my bag. As I'm looking for my locker number, I can hear girls hysterically laughing, but I chose to ignore it. Then all of a sudden I feel a thud in my back and I was knocked off my feet. My books went all over the floor. Payton immediately jumps down and tries to help me up.

"Are you okay?" Payton asks.

"Yeah but my knees hurt a little."

"They don't look to good."

"I will be fine Payton." I said while looking into his eyes. He looks back into mine and I sense all that he is feeling. He was really bothered by those girls hurting me. Then he breaks our eye contact and focuses on something else. I start to smile thinking about how much he cares about me. I look down at my knees that will probably be bruised by tomorrow and then I look lower and see Jackson picking up my stuff.

"Thanks Jackson!"

"It's really no problem!" He says while handing me my papers and giving me a cute smile. I go to look back at Payton and he seems to have disappeared.

"Um Jackson?"

"Yes?"

"Where did Payton go?" I say curiously.

"I have a feeling I know where, but don't worry he will be back. I found your locker number. It's number 236. That's right beside Payton's."

It was hard not to smirk but I was thinking, "Lucky me."

"Kaylee?" He says looking at me with a very confused look.

"Omg! Did I just say that out loud!" I start to blush.

"Hahaha you are a little weirdo aren't you?"

"HEY!" I say while smacking the back of his head.

"You wanna go!" He starts to square up.

"Oh god!"

Jackson runs at me and throws me over his shoulder. We both start screaming and laughing.

"JACKSON put me down!" Quickly he puts me  down but in that moment we are so very close. Close enough that I can feel him breathing. I felt something warm on my hips and  I look down to see Jackson's hands resting there. Maybe just a little too comfortable, as I look up at him blushing.

"I will get you next time! I promise."

"Yeah right" he smiles at me as he is putting his hands down. I honestly didn't want his hands to move from me. I liked how close we were.

(Payton's POV)

I was so pissed. I made my way to the gym. Of course I knew who pushed Kaylee and why. I knew exactly where they would be and what they would be doing.  In the gym practicing their cheerleading. Nothing ever changes.

"HEY!" I yelled out.

"Oh Payton!" Of course she would approach me quickly. "What do you want baby?"