Twenty-Three

Madeline's POV

"Hey!" A voice yells into my ear.

I ignore the voice and stay in deep thought. He's all I have been thinking about. I love Jeremy and from the very beginning I could tell that our love was not a lie or game. He did love me, I'm sure of that, or at least I was until she showed up. I feel my eyes start to water.

"Maddie, Don't cry." The voice speaks again.

My eyes flutter open adjusting to the bright sun shining through he curtains. I look at this figure above me whipping my tears away. My vision finally gets back to focus and I now know who it is.

"Luca!" I wrap my arms around his neck. He let me hug him but it felt weird, like hugging a log, he just didn't return it.

"Is there a problem?" I asked, wondering inside why he didn't hug me back.

"I'm sorry Maddie but the way this week has went I don't anyone to get the wrong idea. Sierra and I are dating, so I don't think I should be hugging other girls."

My heart hurt a little at his words. I mean I should be happy for my two best friends, but deep down inside I think I still having feelings for him too. Let's face it he helped me big time through this whole thing with Jeremy, not to mention he has always been so sweet to me. He is a great guy but of course I had to go and pick Jeremy. Kind of serves me right.

"Oh okay, I get it, and I'm glad you and Sierra are so happy together". I tried to sound happy but failed miserably. "but wait why are you in my room?"

"Sierra said that she couldn't wake you up and she told me to help. She is down stairs grabbing some snacks and cooking breakfast for you."

"Alright." I look out the window in a complete daze.

"You seem a little distant Maddie and I know its early but are you okay?" He taps my shoulder a little.

I pause for a second wondering if i should tell him everything. "No I'm not okay. I don't get it, the guy I am dating seemed to love me, he even went as far as to tell me that he loved me, then all of a sudden without a word, he didn't like me at all, and worst of all he left me for some hot girl. Then the guy I also had feelings for has moved on and he has a girlfriend too." As fast as the words came out I cupped my hands over my mouth in shock. I can't believe that I just spilled the beans to Luca that I like him

"I know."

"Y-you know?" I stumble on my words

"Sierra told me... but Madeline I don't see us as anything more then friends.

"Trust me I know it hurts but it's fine." It's not fine, Madeline you are in so much pain. I scream at my self on the inside.

"But um maybe you should talk to Jeremy."

"Why should I do that he's a jerk and probably wouldn't want to listen to me, his ex."

"You should just tell him how you feel about all of this, and while you are at it, you can also put him in his spot for being such an ass."

"I don't know Luca."

"Trust me it will make things less awkward. All day yesterday you two were as awkward as hell!"

"Was it really that obvious?"

"Heck yeah I could feel your guys awkwardness all the way in Canada."

"Very funny Luca." I giggle.

"I aim to please!" He winks.

End Of POV