Chapter Ten

It's been a few days since my mom went to Payton's house. Somehow Joanne managed to convince her to let us go and today is the day we are leaving for Orlando. Luca and I are all packed and so excited. My heart was beating so fast, I thought it was going to jump out of my chest. I move my bags to the front door and I run over to my mom and dad to give them a hug goodbye.

Mom gently hugged me saying "You can call your father and I any time and if anything happens and if you want to leave, we'll come and get you."

"Got it mom! I'm gonna miss you two!" I say while looking the two of them. God whatever will they do when I go off to University. I walk outside the door ready for my first trip away from my parents, and already Luca is no where to be seen. Standing in the driveway I hear muffled voices on the other side of the door. Yep Luca is saying his goodbye's while I am positive that my parents are giving him the "your the oldest take care of your sister speech".  Finally I hear the faint sounds of a car getting closer and closer. The car pulls up and a window rolls down and it's Jackson, he waves and yells, "Get in!"

I yell back at the house, "Luca come on, their here!"  I turn to see my parents smiling in the door way, when I hear a car door open and I see Payton pop out from around the other side of the car with a big smile on his face.

"Hey!"

"Hi!" I jump onto him and give him a big hug.

"Wow what was that for?"

"Well one I am so freakin excited!"

"Same here!"he says. 

"And besides I just felt like it" I say smiling.  

I look back at the house making sure that my mom wasn't looking, luckily Luca was standing in her line of vision. They open the trunk and Luca and I both put our bags in with Payton's assistance. Finally both Luca and I were all settled in back seat of the car. 

"Are we all ready to go?" Joanne asks.

"HELL YEAH!" Everyone yells in unison.

I look out my window and see a glimpse of my parents waving as we drive away. I know that parents can drive any teenager crazy but under my breath I whispered" I'm gonna miss them."

"You must really love your parents a lot?" Jackson asks.

"Yeah, I would say so." I smile to myself.

I turn away from Jackson, looking out my window, and listening to my favorite singer Jeremy Zucker. His songs always make me think about life and all it has to give.

(meanwhile in the other car)

Sophie's POV

I was to shy to ask the Uber driver if I could use the ox cord.  "Chase"  I knudged him lightly.

"Yeah babe... Sophie! I mean Sophie." He starts blushing hard and was red as a tomato and I ask "Could you ask the driver if I could use the ox chord?"

"Um ,yeah sure!"

"Here you go." He says while handing me the chord.

"Thanks!"

"No problem. But what song you gonna put on?" He asks.

"Just wait! You'll see."

I look through my playlist until I see one of my many favorite songs. Down with the sickness by disturbed.

"YES!" Sierra yells.

Chase, Sierra, and I all start to scream and sing. Maddie and the driver just looked at us like we were crazy. We all ignored the stares and kept singing our hearts out.