Rescued

Author's note: Here is an update for now will  try to come back with more later this week. Please vote and leave me feedback, thanks!

Part Five- Rescued

Neela lurched awake concerned about something. After Ayesha's death, she promised to watch out for her children. Dayawanti Mehta had wanted to break her son's marriage and have Neela marry Ashok fifteen years ago. Ayesha and Ashok drifted apart somewhat due to his mother and his job's demands.

Nevertheless, Neela remained invested in her career. She supported Ayesha and her children over the years then tragedy struck in November of 2008. Neela encouraged Aman and Avni to follow their dreams.

She went into the hallway to pace and clear her head. She saw the light on from Aman's bedroom. The door opened and he peered at his foster mother with curiosity.

" Neela Ma kya hua?"

" I had a bad dream," she mumbled.

He sighed.

Whether it was his birth mother Ayesha or Neela Ma, both got worried easily.

" You must be worried about Di again right? I know it's not me because I am fit and fine before you. Remember what she tells us every time she leaves for work?"

Neela smiled back at him.

" Take care of each other, and remember I am not giving up without a fight," they say together.

Aman hugs her. Neela kisses his forehead and blesses him affectionately.

" I just want the best for both of you."

" Ayesha Ma would want the same. She may have left this world but she made sure we had you. Now relax. Avni Di will not like it if she finds out you didn't sleep all night. She will message us when she is in secure location."

Neela nodded.

" You should go to bed too Aman. Your exams start next week," she reminded him before heading back to her bedroom.

She sat down on the rocking chair. Ayesha had rocked her children to sleep in this chair when they were babies. Whenever Neela came to visit this chair was where she would often find her dear friend. The last day the children spent in their childhood home, Neela arranged for their mother's chair to accompany anything they were able to fit in the tempo.

" Ayesha I hope our little girl is safe wherever she is. In fact this time I don't know where she is posted. I pray she contacts me soon," Neela said aloud.

Ayesha had given birth to them but now she was their guardian even when it seemed like they didn't need her sometimes, the next moment they proved they would always want her in their lives.

Meanwhile...

" Sir we have to arrange a rescue mission. Those two have to be alive, I can feel it," DD declared.

" Ananya is a fighter. Please allow us to lead the rescue efforts ," Sunheri begged.

She felt like she let her friend down.

Even if Commander Joshi didn't grant them backup or official permission, she was going to gear up and head out herself to find them.

The commander sighed. He appreciated these two had for their friends. If they felt fine they could return to the field to help uncover if the officer and CID agent were alive or merely injured.

" It looks bad from the scout that reported to me some time ago. You two can lead a small team once we get some light. Sunrise will be at 6am. Be ready," he relented.

Sunheri and DD saluted before exiting the room.

DD noticed she was worried.

" Dekho mere Neil sir tumari saheli ko bachlenge."

She laughed at him.

" You don't know my friend. By the time we find them, she will have stabilized the situation. She does not need your senior officer to save her."

" Theek hai. Whatever you say. We gotta do this together. I will take you to your safe house then we can head out at first light."

She agreed to go with him and they discussed the plan.

While their friends bantered and their families wondered about their location, Neil and Ananya limbed to a somewhat stable patch of land where Neil was able to start a fire.

Ananya was impressed.

" I didn't know you were a boy scout officer," she commented.

" I used to visit my grandparents village in Punjab. Dadaji when he was alive taught me how to light a fire when I was ten. Of course in basic training they expect you to know these skills," Neil said with a shrug.

In the light of the fire he noticed her dress was torn at the sleeve. He dusted off the vest he wore as part of his costume.

He handed it to her.

"It's not much but it can help for now," he quipped.

" Thanks Neil," she said his name which surprised him.

He smiled slightly.

" So how did you know I was CID?"

" I will be honest, DD figured it out. Plus your friend's sudden performance.."

" Sunheri doesn't always have the best timing," Ananya declared.

They laughed together.

" I can just imagine them trying to beg Commander Joshi to come find us. They won't rest until they find us," Neil declared.

" Who knows maybe by morning we will be able to head back to the base or the safe house and they will be there about to leave to find us," Ananya quipped.

"Now that will be a sight to behold. Well if you want to sleep, I can keep an eye out for any creatures?"

" That is very gentleman like of you officer, but I rather stay awake. We have to figure out how to signal them about our location," she stated.

" Right. I think we can manage a SOS."

" Perfect let's prepare shall we?"

" Let's get started madam."

Three hours later..

Someone had seen their SOS at the earliest light.

They exchanged looks as their friends arrived with the rescue team.

Sunheri ran over to her and hugged her.

" Tu theek hai na?"

Ananya merely nodded and over her friend's shoulder and briefly met Neil's eyes.

" Sir ji aap theek ho? I knew you would save the day for yourself and madam."

Neil shook his head.

" Nahin DD, we saved each other."

They went off on their separate ways.