Trouble Again

Part 14

Six months later things did not look so well.

Sunheri had lost count of how many days she had spent in her current location. She recalled her time with DD, their good friends Avni and Neil, and their self made family members.

She longed to be with them again. They had all retired from their previous positions in the army and CID. Avni was going to practice medicine full time. Neil and DD and joined Mumbai police. She herself had joined an advertising firm. Everything had started to go well until she had been taken. A mysterious man would visit her and ask her vague questions in riddles. She was blind folded or he would stay in the dark when he spoke to her.

Something felt different in the fact she actually felt a nice breeze hit her skin tonight. Always her windows and cell door was shut closed tightly to avoid chance of her escaping.

She nearly jumped out of her own skin, as she heard the gate open. Had he come finally to finish her off?

Sunheri froze in despair.

" Sorry DD, you promised me a lifetime, and I only stuck around for a few months. Hope I can meet you again in another lifetime," she muttered.

A warm hand touched her wrist.

She slowly cracked her eyelids open to see a woman in a burkha.

" Chalo mere saath," the mystery woman hissed.

Sunheri hesitantly obliged and went with the woman. She could find a way to get away from here. She would use her as the avenue.

Her wrist was released as they emerged some moments later from her prison.

Sunheri was relieved to be free from the enclosed space as two others

surreptitiously approached them.

She turned alarmed.

" Kaun ho tum sab log?"

A cloth was covered on her face and she blacked out as a cloth covered her face.

Some hours before..

" The guy who took Sunheri, is Vidyuth Pandit," Neil declared.

Avni's face paled.

DD and Neil looked at her concerned.

"Bhabhi do you know this name?"

" It was supposed to be me DD! I am so sorry," she cried,

Neil grasped Avni's arms.

"What are you not telling me?"

"Vidyuth Pandit was trying to get to Ananya Verma," Avni stated.

"Lekin kyun?," DD asked.

"His company wanted to donate money for the children's ward. Sunheri found out his business practices seemed fishy. So we investigated a bit and she was right. We wrote a letter and signed it from Ananya Verma so it would not get traced back to her. Then she was taken soon after," Avni revealed.

DD turned solemn.

Neil groaned.

" Avni why are you two still trying to be superwomen? We don't even know if Sunheri is .."

"Nahin sir, meri Sunheri zinda hai," DD said with conviction.

" Guys how will we find her?"

" The address where we mailed the letter. We can start from there and maybe find a clue."

" Theek hai Avni. But you have to promise me no more secrets," Neil demanded.

Avni gave him an unsure look as he gave her a stern look before walked away from her.

The threesome were able to locate the hideout within a short time. Avni was able to find a key to the cell where she later found Sunheri.

She needed to chastise her friend when she regained her consciousness. What if she was Vidyuth's helper? She just came with her without knowing who she really was.

Sunheri consciousness the next morning.

Avni's eyes snapped open as she noticed her stirring.

She called out for DD.

" DD jaldi aao!"

DD scrambled up the stairs and bear hugged his fiancé.

" DD, main yahaan kaise?"

DD sat back and looked at Avni and then at Neil who arrived in the doorway.

"Bhabhi told us what may have caused you to get kidnapped. I am so glad you are ok. But you shouldn't ever do such a thing again. I could have lost you." he declared.

Sunheri pulled away.

Neil sighed.

" Guys I have some bad news. Sunheri needs to go under witness protection."

The other three people in the room exchanged alarmed looks.