Where to next?

" So Avni I have an option to join the police force in Mumbai as a Acp due to my past experiences. In fact DD has decided to join there as well but.."

"What are the other options Neil?"

He paused.

"Sir ko CID se bhi offer hai," DD added.

" Aur tere sa?'

" We can open our own private investigation firm and I can help Dad with his business until we set it up,"

Avni smiled smoothed down his collar.

" I spent so much time away from my father Neil. We wondered when we would see him again. We lived a good life for the most part. However we had to relish the times he was home, and we could be a whole family again. I know you are still young and you want to serve the country and this city in some way. Why not be the next ACP of the Mumbai police? Our family will get to have you closer to home. What could be better?"

Neil caressed her cheeks.

" I knew you would direct me in the right direction. I love you Avni," he declared.

" Main hamesha tumare saath hoon Neil," she promised whole heartedly.

DD was going to leave them alone when suddenly a tap on his shoulder made him stop short.

" Hey hero. Kahan jare ho?"

"Sunheri tum?"

"Miss me?"

"Why I didn't notice you at their roka ceremony yesterday."

She shrugged her shoulders.

" Sorry duty called. But I will be there for the wedding in a few weeks. I can't miss it for the world! These two are our best friends, and we have been cheerleading for them since their first meeting," she declared.

"Shush. Don't let them hear you," DD admonished.

" I wonder what will happen next in their story," Sunheri pondered.

DD nudged her.

" Humari story kaise hogi? Yeh kabhie socha hai?"

Sunheri shook her head.

" Nahin toh. Never thought I would find anyone," she replied.

DD cleared his throat.

" But if you ever change your mind. I will be ready to take your hand," he admitted.

Sunheri turned to meet his eyes.

All these years she yearned for someone to really want to be with her and be considerate of her needs. DD was ready to be with her.

She could tell he was a good man. Otherwise Neil sir wouldn't have trusted him all these years.

Her gut told her to give him a chance.

She slowly took his hand as she waited for the right moment to meet their friends.

DD smiled to himself.

He couldn't wait to see where life took them next.

Author's note-  do you guys want a sequel called Mr. and Mrs. Khanna with a different villian and new challenges for our two beautiful couples? Let me know