replacement ¹ :: mike

el walked on the side of mike, her eyes not leaving him once

el walked on the side of mike, her eyes not leaving him once. dustin and lucas stayed behind with you, chattering up a storm while walking.

"hey, has anybody noticed mike has been acting weird since weirdo girl showed up?" lucas whispered. you looked up, nodding. the leaves falling down & crunching beneath your guys feet.

dustin rolled his eyes, "no shit sherlock. no offense, y/n, but mike definitely had a huge crush on you but now all he ever focuses on is el now. he doesn't even focus on us." dustin says, a sad tone coming out.

"it's fine. besides, i think we're all acting different. i mean mike just wants his best friend back just like us, of course he's gonna put all of his focus into the person who can get him back." you said, your heart clenching in your chest. dustin rolled his eyes again.

"cmon, be honest for a second! we all act different, yes! yet we haven't forgotten who we are! mike doesn't give a shit about us, not even you! all he does is look into eleven's eyes and talk about how pretty she is!" dustin ranted. "it's pretty obvious mike doesn't think of eleven in a platonic way. let's be realistic, you're steve harrington's little sister, you're supposed to be the prettiest and most irresistible girl in this middle school! if you compared yourself to eleven, no way she would be able to beat you. if you have harrington as your last name-" by then mike had stopped with el, looking back at the three of you bickering.

"well dustin, if we're being realistic then let's start off with this whole adventure. i'm stuck here with two obnoxious boys, a fucking weird girl with powers, a douche bag brother, and a hopeless crush that doesn't even care about me! this whole exploration is bull, whats the point of it?"

lucas glared at dustin, dustin shaking his head. mike didn't hear anything though, focusing on el as they walked further.

"bullshit, we went in a circle. we're at home." dustin said, confused. he looked at his compass, hitting it a few times. you sighed, sitting down on the ground.

"and you just noticed it now?"

"okay! it has to be some type of magnetic field or something!" dustin said, putting his hands up. lucas turned around, "a super magnet." he mumbled, pointing at el. you hurriedly stood up, standing next to lucas.

"she's been acting weird lately, if she can slam doors with her mind, she can definitely screw up a compass!"

"why would she do that?" mike argued. he stood up, glaring at lucas. lucas rolled his eyes.

"because she's trying to screw up our mission because she's a traitor!" lucas exclaimed. he glared at el with eyes full of hatred. he began to walk up to el, "lucas, what are you doing?" mike asks. he walks up behind lucas.

"you did, didn't you? you don't want us to reach the gate. you don't want us to find will." dustin scooted closer to you as you both watched this scene go down. el was choking back tears, scared. "cmon seriously just leave her alone!" mike pleaded.