Tunneling

Sophie slept restlessly that night, and Edaline continued to try to persuade her to take a sedative. She kept refusing and eventually slipped into a dream-filled sleep.
Her Imparter buzzed on her nightstand. Sophie got up and rubbed her eyes. 6:00 AM it read. She got out of bed, slipped on a tunic and some leggings, and quietly tiptoed down the stairs. The sun was just beginning to rise over the pastures of Havenfield as Sophie opened the door. Shutting it slowly, she dashed over to Calla's Pancakes. Everyone else except Keefe was already there, standing beside Flori. "Hey, guys!" she said. "Where's Keefe?" A beam of light struck the ground, and Keefe appeared. "Ahem. Sorry I'm late. The Hair was not being cooperative today." Tam rolled his eyes and brushed his silver bangs off of his face. "Are you sure you all want to come? I'm sure Fitz and I could probably do it alone." Keefe hung his arm around her shoulder. "So you and the Fitzter can go have another Stare-Into-Each-Other's-Eyes fest? Nope! 'Cuz Team Foster-Keefe rules." Sophie rolled her eyes, slipped out of his grasp, and looked at her friends. They all nodded, and Flori began the tunneling song to the Ogre city of Ravagog.

Unknown POV:
I watched as the group of teenagers appeared inside the gates. I was supposed to be spying for the Neverseen, and informing them when the group arrived. But I went to their hideout, and they were gone. One of the circular devices was left open on Fintan's work table. So I took it. The Moonlark and her friends were looking around, and just as they were about to walk into the main city, I stepped out. The Moonlark jumped back, and her friends all went into defensive positions. I pushed my long brown hair out of my face. "Who are you?" she said with a dangerous tone. I stuck out my hand. "I'm Vanna Arch, and you must be the Moonlark."