one

i miss johnten so much :(

so im writing a book to deal with my ☆pain☆

— — —

"You're still single." Yangyang says with his mouth full. "And that's a problem."

"How is that a problem?" Ten tilts his head in confusion, staring at his friend with furrowed eyebrows.

"What Yangyang means is," Sicheng pops in. "-that you need to actually commit to a relationship."

"I prefer this thotty life style." Ten replies, dryly. "It's fun."

"But you're miserable Ten!" Yangyang says. "You need someone who doesn't treat you like a toy! Those filthy one night stands!"

"What's wrong with one night stands? Sicheng met Yuta through a one night stand!" Ten defends himself, swirling a fry into his milkshake. "So are they really that bad?"

"Well, that's me and Yuta. You, on the other hand, you're just hoeing around for the hell of it." Sicheng deadpans.

Ten stuffs his drenched fry in his mouth. He knows Sicheng is right. "What are you gonna do about it?"

"Simple. Send you on a blind date." Yangyang answers, a smile on his face.

"A date? Hell no." Ten immediately disagrees. "You guys know I don't do commitment."

"You're outnumbered. I agree with Yangyang...for once." Sicheng says. "And yeah, we know, but we want you to at least try?"

"It's not like you can force me."

"I won't buy you anymore gum." Yangyang folds his arms across his chest, grin widening.

"I can always have someone else buy it for me." Ten says.

"Like anyone else is gonna buy you four packs of gum every week." Sicheng rolls his eyes.

"Okay fine!" Ten gives up. His gum obsession is his weakness.

"On that note, you should also get yourself a job." Sicheng adds on. "Get your shit together, Ten."

Ten shoots a glare at him. He leans back in the booth, heaving a huge sigh. "Who's this person you're planning to have me hook up with anyway?"

"The goal is to not hook up with him, Ten." Yangyang shakes his head. "It's this guy Xiaojunnie knows from work. He's as tall as a fucking tree, handsome, and pretty chill. Fits with your demonic midget vibe."

Ten lightly hits him in the shoulder with the back of his hand. "Shut up, you literally have two boyfriends."

"And what about it? That's pretty off topic."

"Stop." Sicheng interrupts the two. "By the way, the date is on Friday, so no going to the bar and getting wasted."

"Aw, fuck." Ten pouts.

"At least you'll have a date, and not a one night stand." Yangyang smiles.

Ten sighs. "Honestly, you guys are great friends if you're putting in the effort to send me on a date. Thanks."

"Of course Ten." Yangyang does a thumbs up, and Sicheng nods his head.

Ten chuckles, though he's not excited for this.

Ten chews on a minty piece of gum when he returns to his dorm. There's classical music playing through the speaker as he takes a glance at his roommate who's sitting at his desk, staring intensely at his laptop screen.

Ten walks over and takes a small peek at what he's so concentrated on. "Isn't that due on Friday?"

Johnny takes a few seconds to reply. "Yeah, but I'm going on a date that day, so I wanna get it done."

"Oh." Ten replies. "Well, good luck with that."

"Thanks."

Ten makes his way to the jack and jill bathroom that they share with the dorm next to them. He spits out his gum and brushes his teeth, and doesn't give a shit about fixing his messy hair.

He slides on his specs, and Johnny is still hasn't made any further progress.

"You don't seem very determined to go on this date, considering how much work you've gotten done." he passes by to go to his bed.

"I can't come up with anything." Johnny sighs, leaning back in his chair. "Plus, it's a blind date, so I have no idea who this person is. They could be a creep for all I know."

Wait. Ten narrows his eyes. No way, his friends couldn't have set him up with his dumbass roommate.

He shakes his head, getting rid of the thought right away.

"A blind date, huh? Sounds pretty awful." he only replies, pulling up twitter on his phone.

"You're very pessimistic, Ten."

"I know."

"You should take it as a compliment at this point." Johnny turns back to his laptop screen, missing the sight of Ten flipping him off.

Silence settles between them. Ten distracts himself with dumb twitter memes and texting his younger sister, and doesn't think about Friday night.