eight

Johnny tenses. Ten's lips are on his, and his hands instinctively move to Ten's waist to make sure he doesn't fall forward.

Ten tastes like beer and mint gum, and Johnny's head starts to spin. He's been so starved of - sex? affection? physical contact thats's not elbow nudges or weak slaps?  He doesn't exactly know. But what he does know is that he craves more.

But Ten's super drunk, and he's completely sober. The reasonable part of his brain tells him not to go any further, because he doesn't wanna take advantage of his drunk roommate like that.

Self control, he reminds himself.

As difficult as it is, Johnny pushes Ten away. Ten can't even keep his eyes fully open.

"Ten," Johnny shakes his shoulders to grab his attention. "We should go back to the dorm now, you're drunk as hell."

Ten slurs some incoherent sounds back, and Johnny wonders what he did to deserve this.

It's not like he can forget any of this. He's completely sober, for fuck's sake.

Johnny has no other option but to slide his hands under Ten's knees and carry him out of the party.

"Hey, what-" Ten doesn't finish his sentence as his cheek comes into contact with the crook of Johnny's neck.

"Shut up." Johnny tells him, and he tries to find a way out the mob of dancing people.

The drive home is silent, since Ten fell asleep. Johnny's mind is whirling the entire time.

Though there's no alcohol in his system, his driving seems like there is. He needs to stop zoning out.

He makes it back to the dorm building, and he tries to be as quiet as possible as he carries Ten up to the dorm. He places Ten on his bed and throws the covers over him.

Johnny tilts his head, observing the way Ten's hair falls over his forehead. He looks...incredibly smol.

He turns away and goes to the bathroom.
He licks his lips, tasting the reminiscent of alcohol from the kiss, so he brings his hand to his mouth and wipes it away.

What a weird fucking night.

"Go away." Ten groans.

"You gotta sit up to take your medicine, you know." Johnny's already done with Ten's hangover stubbornness.

He's dealt with him being hangover before, but this time Ten is just being a big baby. Johnny thinks he's extra grumpy because he didn't get laid, but he doesn't say it out loud.

"Fuck off." Ten buries his face further into his pillow.

"It'll make you feel better. But fine, be like that." Johnny's about to walk away when he hears his roommate weakly call his name. He shakes his head as he hands Ten the meds.

"I feel like shit." Ten croaks, pressing his palms against his temples.

"Your fault for drinking too much." Johnny grabs the cup and throws it away.

"Did I sleep with anyone?" he rubs his eyes and slides on his specs, and Johnny's lips part to reply, but he hesitates.

His mind instantly jumps back to the kiss, but he keeps it down his throat and instead replies: "No, surprisingly."

"Damn, I'm impressed with myself." Ten falls back onto the mattress.

"You should be." Johnny adds to that and goes on his phone.

He doesn't tell Ten about the kiss.