four

"How was your date?" Jaehyun asks as they walk out of the university gym, the cool fall breeze settling over their sweaty skin.

"What was up with having my blind date be my own roommate?" Johnny asks. 

"I made it less complicated for you. You already know him, y'all are already friends."

"You and Tae ship us, don't you?" Johnny glares at Jaehyun who is trying to resist the urge to laugh.

"So do Sicheng, Yuta, Xiaojun, Hendery, and Yangyang." he smiles back, and Johnny shakes his head. "But did it go well?"

"To be honest, it didn't feel like a date most of the time." Johnny replies. "Our dynamic didn't change from when we're at the dorm."

"Wow, you're actually not complaining about how horribly a date went for once. You've evolved, Johnny." Jaehyun claps his hands.

"I didn't even say it was good or bad." Johnny deadpans.

"But I assume it went well? Would you go on a date with him again?"

Johnny actually doesn't know how to answer the question. He thinks about it for three seconds before the replying with a "Depends."

He wants to scream at himself for using Ten's exact reply.

"Depends?" Jaehyun repeats, raising his eyebrows intriguingly.

"I don't know right now." Johnny shrugs it off, hoping they can change the subject. They thankfully do, since Jaehyun starts talking about a halloween frat party or something.

"I'll see you at lunch?" Jaehyun asks as they arrive on Johnny's dorm floor.

"Yup, see you Jae."

They part ways and Johnny opens the door, finding Ten with a blanket on his head, wrapped up as he stares at his laptop in a serious way. Johnny tries to sneak up on him as quietly as possible, thank god the indie music playing helps mask his footsteps.

"The fuck do you want?" Ten looks very unimpressed and chewing a piece of gum. Johnny frowns at being caught.

"Finally getting a job, huh?" he teases.

"I need money." Ten whines, staring at a job application for Taco Bell.

"I'm surprised you weren't looking at porn." Johnny throws his phone on his bed before going toward the bathroom.

Ten shoots him a glare.

After showering, Johnny's minding his own business while getting dressed, but when he looks down at the sink he's greeted with a piece of chewed gum stuck to the counter.

He scrunches his face up in disgust as he cracks open the bathroom door.

"What the fuck Ten?!" he yells. "Clean up after yourself!"

"You're closer, so you clean it up!" Ten shouts back.

"You're nasty, how have I managed to live with you for two months?" Johnny grabs a piece of toilet paper and scoops the gum up.

"You're the one who jerks off every night, and you're calling me nasty?"

"Shut the fuck up." Johnny's cheeks heat up as he walks out of the bathroom. "I'm gonna grab some lunch, wanna come?"

"Yeah, hold on." Ten shuts his laptop and unraves himself from his blanket cocoon. "I hope the lunch dude can give me a discount today." he spits his gum into his hand, tossing it in the trash on their way out.

"Like hell he will." Johnny rolls his eyes, and they leave to go to the dining hall.