two

"So Jaehyun set you up on this date?"  Xiaojun asks from behind the register.

Johnny nods his head as stocks the shelves with the new shipment of gum that just came in. "Yeah, he did, even though he knows every date I go on turns out bad."

"Have some faith." Xiaojun says. "I bet it'll be great."

"Thanks for your positivity Xiaojun, but it's probably not."

But to be honest, he needs this date to be somewhat successful. Because maybe, if the guy's decent and horny enough, they could probably get it on-

The small bell above the door snaps him out of his head.

"Heyy," Yangyang announces his presence as he strolls into the convenience store. Xiaojun beams at him, shooting his usual heart eyes at one of his boyfriends.

Yangyang smiles at him back, going over to where Johnny is restocking the gum. He picks the first mint packets he sees.

"For Ten?" Johnny asks.

"Yep." Yangyang nods. "He made a deal with Sicheng and I, so I have to buy him more."

"He seriously has an obsession with those things." Johnny eyes the packets, grimacing at how many chewed up pieces of gum he randomly finds in the dorm sometimes.

"Mhm."

Yangyang leaves to pay and be all sappy with Xiaojun at the register, and Johnny tries his best to ignore whatever they are doing.

Because if he looks at them, he'll probably get jealous. They actually have a love life and he doesn't. Plus he's so sexually frustrated and jerking off every night does not do him good anymore.

He hears a moan from behind him, and he really wishes he could die right then and there.

"Why do you insist on doing this? You're not my mom." Johnny says as he watches Taeyong go through his whole dresser.

"Biologically I'm not, but in everything else I am." he replies, throwing a pair of jeans at Johnny. "Tell me, when was the last time you went on a date?"

"Uh," Johnny swims through his memory. Nothing comes to him, since he can't even remember the guy's name. "I don't know." he admits.

"See, this is a special occasion since you only go on dates like once a year. So might as well dress up." Taeyong smiles, throwing more items of clothing towards him.

It's a simple outfit that consists of jeans, a plain white t-shirt, and a denim jacket, plus a cap to tie the whole thing together. Johnny examines himself in the mirror, and Taeyong claps his hands.

"Boyfriend material." he chimes. "Let's go outside so I can take pics and send them to Jae."

"Um, why exactly do you need to send a pic of me to-" Johnny is pulled out of the dorm before he can even question it.

They end up at the stairs of the dorm complex doing some amateur photoshoot.

"Yes, stay like that." Taeyong literally gets on the floor to snap a picture. Johnny wants to laugh at how committed he is.

"I think these are good." Taeyong gets up and swipes through the photos. "I'll send them to you so you can post them on your instagram."

"Thanks." Johnny walks over to look at them as well. Okay, maybe he does look like boyfriend material, but just a little.

Johnny rests his chin onto his palm, looking around the sushi restaurant. He's supposed to be on the look out for a short guy who's wearing an oversize hoodie (according to Jaehyun's description).

He checks the time on his phone, realizing that his date is now late. This isn't a good sign, Johnny thinks to himself.

It's like the universe is never on Johnny's side when it comes to his dry love life.

"Johnny?"

He lifts his gaze from his phone, narrowing his eyes when he sees Ten standing in front of the table, looking kinda disgusted but also confused while he holds his phone in his hand.

"What are you doing here?" Johnny tilts his head to the side. The first thought that came to his head was that his roommate could possibly be his blind date, but he immediately pushes it away.

"Oh, no fucking way." Ten says under his breath, squinting his eyes at his phone screen. He looks up again, their eyes locking. "I think you're my blind date."

Johnny freezes.