three

"I want sushi, so I'm gonna stay." Ten plops down in the seat across from Johnny.

"Do you not wanna go on a date with me?" he jokes, and Ten rolls his eyes.

This could of been worse. At least Johnny's a decent guy.

"Yangyang and Sicheng, those sly fucks." Ten says. "They set me up on a blind date with my own roommate and still managed to keep it secret from me."

"To be honest, I'm surprised that it was you." Johnny brings his hand to the back of his neck. "You didn't tell me you were going on a blind date."

"I kinda suspected it was you, since you said you were going on one, and the photos you posted on instagram."

"Stop acting like you're Sherlock Holmes." Johnny snorts.

They order their drinks and conversation flows smoothly.

Johnny's always been an easy person to talk to. That's probably why Ten has already established a type of friendship between them where they can make fun of each other and not take any offense to it in just the two months they've known each other.

"Oh my god." Ten practically moans as he chews on a piece of sushi. "This is so fucking good."

Johnny laughs. "Do you have a food kink or something?"

"What? No." Ten furrows his eyebrows. "I haven't had sushi in like, a year."

"A year?"

"I'm broke, okay?" Ten stuffs more into his mouth. "Sushi's expensive."

"So you're gonna make me pay for this whole meal?" Johnny scoffs. "Rude."

"Money doesn't come out of my ass you know." Ten sighs. "I wish it did."

"You're disgusting."

Ten's mood has brightened up a lot compared to when before he ate.

They left the sushi restaurant since it was near closing time, and now him and Johnny are wandering around the plaza where the restaurant was located. The sky's changing into a variety of pink and orange hues.

It's a bit chilly, considering it's the midst of fall, but Ten is too busy looking at the outfits on display to care.

"Oh damn, it would be so nice if I had money right now." Ten gazes at the mannequins as they pass by multiple high end shops.

"What's wrong with window shopping?" Johnny tilts his head as he walks alongside him.

"I should really take Sicheng's advice and get a job." he turns away from the window with a sigh.

"Or you can get a sugar daddy?"

"What exactly are you suggesting?" Ten raises his eyebrows, intrigued.

"Actually don't." Johnny laughs, and Ten slaps his shoulder.

They walk further into the plaza and look around at all the expensive stuff. This place seems fancy, Ten thinks.

"Hey, there's a cupcake shop over there." Johnny points to the right. "Wanna go?"

"I'm down." Ten agrees. "But you're paying."

"I hate you."

The boys enter the shop, and Ten examines the different flavors through the glass. He can actually get what he sees on display this time.

"Hey, thanks for buying all the food tonight." he genuinely thanks Johnny, as he licks his lips to clean up the last of the mocha frosting on them.

"Yeah, you better be grateful." Johnny chuckles, and Ten glares at him. "But really, it was no problem."

They catch a taxi back to the university, a peaceful silence settling over them.

"Would you ever wanna go on a date again?" Johnny jokes when they get back to their dorm.

Ten snorts. "Hm, depends." he's surprised at his own response.

How the fuck has Johnny possibly turned him into a romantic in a span of two hours? That's bullshit, Ten will never be a sap.

"So you admit you had a good time?"

Ten rolls his eyes.

Though he doesn't want to admit it out loud, or even wanna think about it, he did have a nice time.