fourteen

"Fuck yeah! I got the job!"

Ten's shouting snaps Johnny out of his "studying"(he's actually been staring at the assignment for the past twenty minutes and hasn't done anything).

"They actually hired your dumbass?" he replies, and a stick of gum hits him in the arm.

"Of course they would." Ten huffs, glaring at Johnny for doubting him. "Now can you toss the gum back to me."

"Why should I?" Johnny bends down and picks it up from the floor.

"Johnny," Ten's glare darkens, and Johnny can't help but laugh because he doesn't look intimidating whatsoever.

"Calm down midget, you don't even look scary." he says back.

Ten lets out a frustrated sigh, hopping off his bed and going over to his roommate. He attempts to grab it out of Johnny's hand, but Johnny swats it away from him.

"Give it." Ten tries to grab it again, but Johnny moves his hand fast enough. Johnny continues to laugh.

But Ten does manage to get a hold of his wrist. Johnny tries to wiggle out of it, and for being so small, holy shit he has a death grip.

"Ten-" Johnny says through his teeth, trying to hold his ground with the ball of his foot, which is slipping off the carpet.

Johnny's pushed even more as Ten digs his knee into his thigh when he tries to rip out the piece of gum from between his fingers.

Thump.

There's a dull pain in Johnny's back from the impact of the hard floor. There's weight on top of him, and he realizes that he took Ten down with him too.

Ten's legs are thrown over his sides, he's straddling him. Johnny blinks and his grip on the gum loosens, and Ten snatches it super fast.

He smiles down at Johnny in victory, before he realizes what position they're in. Ten's face flushes out of embarrassment, and Johnny's about to make fun of him for how red his cheeks are, but then his phone buzzes.

Ten gets off of Johnny's body quickly, muttering a soft 'sorry' while at it.

"It's fine." Johnny swallows back, grabbing his phone from his desk. It's Jaehyun, and he asks him if he wants to go to the gym in a few. Johnny texts back and says he'll be there.

Johnny doesn't look at Ten again when he goes to the bathroom to change.

"Nope, I don't want to see it." Johnny refuses, covering his eyes with his hands as Jaehyun tries to shove the blackmail he took last night into his face.

"You sure?" Jaehyun retreats his phone back.

"Yes." he nods.

Jaehyun looks at the screen again. "I still can't believe you actually did it." he laughs.

"You know how stupid I am when I'm tired." Johnny uncovers his eyes and nudges him.

"That was wild Johnny. When was the last time you got laid?" Jaehyun tosses his phone back into his gym bag.

Honestly, Johnny can't remember, which is a shame and really sad.

"You can't remember, right? You literally didn't hesitate to give Ten a hickey." Jaehyun continues to tease, wiggling his eyebrows.

Johnny slaps his shoulder. "Can you be quiet about my dry sex life?"

"Okay. But now let's talk about your dry love life-"

He hits his shoulder again, but despite that Jaehyun goes on about it.

"Are you ever gonna go on a date with Ten again?" he asks. "Because last time you said 'depends'."

"No." Johnny answers before he thought about it.

"Aw," Jaehyun frowns at that. "Tae was excited to dress you up again."

"I'm not gonna go on another date with him." he sighs. "He's just not my type."

"Psh, okay." Jaehyun's sarcastic, and receives another shoulder slap. "Sorry."

Johnny doesn't know if what he said was entirely true, though.