First Win

Minjung stood beside Nako and Eunbi. She gripped onto their hands. She tapped her toes and bit her lip. To her it was as if she were at the bottom of the ocean. She couldn't breathe, she couldn't see, she couldn't feel her legs, but she was under so much pressure.

"And the winner is....."

Minjung felt her pulsating heart. She felt it in her throat. Nako could also feel it in Minjung's hand. She traced her thumb over the younger's knuckles.

"Congratulations Izone!"

Minjung threw her left hands over her mouth. Her throat and mouth instantaneously went dry and her eyes absorbed all the moisture. But she couldn't hold them in. Tears fell down her face like the rapids of the river.

She wasn't expecting it. She knew Izone was big, but she thought that her presence  and appearance hindered Izone's reputation and popularity.

Minjung's face tingled. And her face turned red. She pulled her pastel pink hair from her high ponytail and covered her red face. She looked up at the ceiling and tried to stop herself from crying.

After Eunbi finished her thank you speech, she almost past the mic to Minjung but quickly turned to Chaewon.

Eunbi engulfed Minjung's lower back with her left arm and combed Minjung's hair with her right hand consoling the younger girl in her chest.

Minjoo ruffles her best friends hair getting the koala's attention. Eunbi let go to allow the koala to cling to the frog. Minjung buried her face into Minjoo's neck. Minjoo whispered congratulations into Minjung's ear while tapping the younger's butt.

Soon everyone left the stage and Minjung still rested in Minjoo's arms. She blinked back her tears. Her chest heaved in inconsistent breaths. Sakura knew what this was. She walked over to Minjung and stroked a strand of the younger's hair behind her ear.

Sakura back hugged Minjung and took several slow deep breath. Minjung followed her. Eventually, her short quick breaths regulated back to her rhythmic breathing. Sakura still stood behind Minjung as her hyperventilation went away.

By this time Hyewon reached her spot in front of Minjung. She gave a loving smile and wiped the tears away with her thumb. She kissed Minjung's forehead. Hyewon's eyes were glowing as she stared into Minjung's eyes.

The rest of the girls came for a giant group hug. Their first win with the full thirteen girls in the group. Minjung won't forget this. They stood hand in hand bowing. Even after all the members rose back up, Minjung stayed down. She didn't get a thank you speech this time but she wanted to show her thank.

Minjung felt happy. She experienced this moment with Izone. Her family.

She knew many great moments follow.