26: YOU HEARD HER KITTY CAT

An: Hey guys!  So I know last chapter I said I was back and that was like weeks ago. I'm sorry, I needed to get some things in order before I could start actively updating again. Buttttt, that's all done and dusted and we're back on track (hopefully cause who ever really knows) anywayssssss enjoy! 💕

***

"So, I'll see you on Monday"

I sigh and lean against the door, "First day of school, can't wait" I say with as much sarcastic enthusiasm as I can muster.

Cole chuckles, "What kind of nerd hates school?"

"I am not a nerd"

"True, you're only the smartest girl in school and SB president, school should be your power source"

I wrinkle my nose, "Pass"

He smiles and my stomach flutters almost painfully. Why is he so cute?

"Okay spit it out"

"What?"

"You've been itching to ask me something for the past two hours. What is it?"

He has the cutest deer in headlights look ever.

I watch as he sighs, and runs his hands through his hair and I almost slap it away and do it myself.

"I need you to be my girlfriend"

I choke on air.

"Shit, sorry are you okay?" He asks worriedly.

When my coughing fit is over, I glare up at him, "What?"

He winces, "I should have phrased that better, let me explain."

I gesture for him to continue, trying hard to hide the hurricane my emotions have become. You don't just ask the girl that likes you to be your girlfriend out of the blue.

"My mom and her colleagues at work have this annual New Year dinner slash conference and they bring their kids"

I nod, "okay?"

He sighs again "unfortunately, my mom has these three friends who are not happy with me being single"  I burst into laughter, holding my stomach. He frowns, "As cute as this is, I fail to see the humor in all this" he states dryly.

"Don't tell me, they're cougars?" I ask between laughs.

He tries to glare at me but I see his lips twitching up in amusement, "Can I continue?"

I compose myself and gesture for him to continue, "please"

He sighs, "they each have a daughter, one our age and two a year younger. Needless to say, neither of them would mind the role of my girlfriend"

I nod, "So where do I come in?"

"I figured if I showed up with a 'girlfriend' they'd back up a little"

I bite my lip as I mull it all over. Pretend to be his girlfriend, hang off his arm for a whole night and pretend he belongs to me. Maybe even get to kiss him.

I nod, trying not to look too enthusiastic. "Yeah, okay I could do that"

My breath catches when his eyes light up with joy and relief, "thank you princess, you're a life saver"

I shrug, playing off my blush, "so when is it?"

"Tonight"

"What?"

He leans in and pecks my cheek, "I'll pick you up at seven, thank you princess!"

I stare at his retreating back, my mouth open in disbelief, both at the kiss and the news. I'm in like with an idiot.