FIFTEEN

I forgot to love you, love you, love you

---

ISABELLE

Sleep was nothing but a thing of the past for me. Ever since I asked Lando to leave, I could not settle myself enough to get a few hours of sleep. I needed to feel his arms around my body once more, as he pressed his lips to the skin on my neck and back, whispering 'I love you' as his lips traced every inch of my body. I was so desperate to experience the feeling of his warm breath fanning my skin again, or have him send me into overdrive as he pressed his fingers against my inner thighs. I missed him, I missed every single thing about him and the relationship we shared with each other. Lando Norris was the love of my life, but he left me with no choice other than to lose him.

I understood the demands of his career and I accepted them. This had been Lando's dream ever since he was young, long before he knew me, so I wasn't going to stand in the way of it. I knew I was, because I hated it when he left, I cried and I begged him to stay. I apologised for it more often than not, but each time, Lando would hold me close and tell me that it was my anxiety and that he understood. I was so lucky to have somebody who really did want to make me feel better, somebody who really cared about me. I knew that in my lifetime, I would never get the chance to meet somebody who was as amazing as Lando; it crushed me, because already, I had that strange feeling, the one everyone says you will experience as soon as you find 'The One'. I'd found that within Lando, a man who was my oasis, my safe haven.

I lay on my bed, the sheets pulled up to my face, as I wriggled my toes in the fluffy socks I was wearing. I was comfortable, yet not as much as I liked to be, because I didn't have the warm feeling of Lando's body in the bed beside me. I knew he was home right now. We always had to plan ahead; I needed to know when we would be home or at work, to help ease my anxiety and so I was expecting to spend a few nights alone when he did have to go away. I truly missed him and I regretted letting him go, but I knew it was the best thing to do for both of us. He didn't have the weight of me dragging him down and I wasn't feeling terrible about doing that. I just hoped that he hadn't forgotten about me yet.

I couldn't forget the day I needed him the most, but he was too busy working to come home. It didn't make him a bad person at all, because it was his job, but I was in desperate need of someone to simply be around me, to keep me entertained.

I finished washing up after I ate dinner, before making sure the kitchen was clean enough for me to leave until I needed to make myself some breakfast the following morning. I lazily padded across the floor and towards the front room, where I made myself comfortable on the sofa. I pulled my phone from the pocket of Lando's hoodie which I'd thrown on after my shower earlier on, frowning when I saw no message from him as of yet. He was currently on a training camp in Bahrain and was due to fly home in just under three days. We'd not been able to speak much, because he was extremely busy with a tight schedule, but I understood that from today, his training activities became a little less strenuous. I was so excited to be able to call him for longer than ten minutes at a time. I couldn't wait to see his face. I sat in the same position for about fifteen minutes, scrolling through Instagram and replying to a text off my Mum. I missed her and Dad dearly, but they had to be France for work. It worked out better for them to be out of England, they both worked as lawyers and gained a reputation in France after working on a large case there. They promised it wouldn't be a permanent move, maybe a couple of years or so. They left a few months after my eighteenth birthday, and of course, visited often. Lando's Mum would always call me when he was away as well, popping in to see me if they were ever around, just to see how I was doing.