Chapter 2 ~ The First Day

Brooklyn's POV 

Pulling up at the house I get out and collect my things. Taking a deep breath and walk in. I immediately see two women standing next to the ambo. They spot me and smile.

"Hi, I was wondering if you could show me where Chief Boden's office is?" I asked with a plain look on my face.

"Yeah sure. Go through those double doors there turn left and then right and there will be some offices in there and straight ahead is his office." The brunette-haired girl told me whilst indicating with her hands.

I gave her a weak smile and followed her directions. Walking into the house I approach the doors pulling one open. As soon as I walked in there were eyes on me. Ignoring them I walked in the directions I was told. Coming to the offices a girl stood up and walked over to me.

"Can I help you?" she asked. She didn't look too happy with me standing there.

"Ah... Hi, I'm Brooklyn I'm the new transfer. I came from LA." I say hesitantly.

"Oh... you can just leave your stuff here and go in Chief Boden is just doing some paperwork. My name is Connie by the way and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask." She says a little chirpier.

"Thanks," I say as I put my things down and knock on the door before he signalled for me to come in. walking in, he called for Connie.

"Connie." He called

"Yeas Chief?" she answered back

"Can you get me Captain Casey, Lieutenant Severide and Lieutenant Herrmann for me please." He asked.

With that, Connie walked away. And chief Boden looked at me and smiled. Got to say it was only about a minute we were sitting there in silence and it was an awaked silence. Before three men walked in. one with a white shirt, one with a grey shirt and one with a navy-blue shirt. I could immediately tell which one Captain Casey was from the two bulges on each side of his collar but could not tell who each of the Lieutenants was. They each gave me a small smile as the walked in. now, this was 10 times more awake.

"Brooklyn nice to finally meet you I have heard lots of things about you," Boden said with not a change of expression

"Let me guess by the look on your face they were all bad. Honestly would not blame you for not wanting me here." I replied scared that my chief had told him all the bad things and none of the good things.

"Well, there was good and bad. I believe there was a nickname going around before you left which kind of reflected on your transfer?" he asked me with a questing look on his face.

"Yeah... there was." I told him feeling embarrassed.

"Not to worry you will come across a lot of headstrong firefighters in this house." He told me which made me feel a bit better.

"Now I would like you to meet Captain Casey, Lieutenant Herrmann and Lieutenant Severide." He said pointing to a young blond blue-eyed man, an older shorter grey-haired man and another taller man whose hair was between black and turning grey.

They each gave me a small node of their head. Turning around I looked at each one and that's when one of the caught my eye.

"You will be on Truck 81. You will serve under Captain Casey." He told me.

And with that, I got a feeling I had never felt.